It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User
Lack of motivation, wondering if I should back off

I was working out three times a week.

Just an average routine. Lots of crunches, leg lifts, Arm exercises, light weight lifts, leg stretches...just an average all around thing.

I was also not doing very well with my issues with food and I was not eating near enough fat or calories. Lately I've been eating right around the recommended amount for each day.

But for some reason the last couple of weeks I've been extremely unmotivated to workout at all. I worked out Monday, but before that it had been a whole week. And I haven't worked out since Monday. Why is that? Was I pushing myself too hard or something? I just can't seem to bring myself to do it, and what's worse is I have a horribly guilty conscience about it and I feel like I'm going to lose all the muscle mass I gained and balloon back up to where I was.

Should I maybe just work out on my two off days from now on (usually not back to back) and see if that helps my motivation? Or is that not enough? I guess I'm just trying to clear my head of this guilt I feel.

Thanks!

Old 03-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Lack of motivation, wondering if I should back off

One week off will not kill your gains. Take the rest of the week off and get back on track next week. Breaks are good and necessary. Just don't necessarily mistake lack of motivation for over-training. If you're bored with your workout, try something new.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
Re: Lack of motivation, wondering if I should back off

Sounds like you're getting discouraged that you aren't seeing the desired results that you want. Perhaps you can incorporate other workout routines just to spice up the played out routine you been doing. Doing the same routine over and over again can get tedious. Do you play any sports?

Closed Thread