It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
I want that body?!!!

Hello All!!!

Okay, I want that trim body that a lot of ladies have this day and age. Im about 30lbs overweight (I think, Im 165).

Im really trying to get on the fit train, ive been working out usually 4x-5x week. At the least 3x a couple times. I have been doing some weight excerises too. I lift 10lb weights wiht my arms. And then I have a weight machine in my base ment. I do about 3 sets of 15-20 with my legs same thing with my arms (a couple diff. excercises) 3 sets 15-20 again. Then I do 3 sets of of crunches 25each.

Now my "dieting" is where I need to focus. I heard that if you want to drop some 'quick' lbs to do the low carb thing for a couple weeks, but wouldnt that just come back after you get off the low carb thing?

Whats the best way to go with eating? I just cannot grasp a thing~!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: I want that body?!!!

If you want to be and stay lean, forget the "quick" fix. You will need to change the way that you eat and the way you see food in general. You need to focus more on the nutrition for your body, less on the gluttonous aspects. It's hard at first but it becomes easier as you get trim and feel better.
Check out this thread for diet basics:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=266140[/url]

For the record, when I recommended the short term low carb thing, it is not for the sake of losing quick weight, necessarily. If you remove most carbs from your diet, then the majority of the immediate weight lost will be water (carbs hold more water in the body). So yes, if you go back to eating "normally" then you will gain that water weight back, but it wasnt FAT loss to begin with. The theory behind it is to get yourself out of the habit of eating high carb junky foods. Your blood sugar will even out and cravings will dissipate. I find that it makes sticking to a healthier diet in the long term a bit easier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Ahh, alright thanks for clearing that up. I didnt realize carbs held that much water...So would taking a suppliment like hydroxicut do about the same thing?

Old 03-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

I'm actually not familiar with the new formula, but what do you mean "do about the same thing"? Make you drop water or even out blood sugar?

Old 03-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

Nax- Hydroxicut is complete crap -its a thermogen and a rather poor one

Old 03-26-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Well i have thermogen too. With the ephedra. I bought some before it became illegal in the states. the reason I asked is because hydroxicut is suppose to loose water weight.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Anything that acts as a diuretic will make you lose some water weight, but again, that isn't the main point to reducing/removing carbs short term. Losing water is not necessarily a good thing (it's isn't entirely bad either if you stay hydrated) so I wouldn't look at that as a goal, just a side effect. Granted, it is sort of a short lived thrill to see the scale move significantly, but it isn't FAT loss so it's not so great a feat.

Closed Thread