It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 01:03 AM   #1
(male)

tidus 007 HB User
is their really a point to being in shape!

i can see if your an athlete, but what about the common person, whats the point, what reasons are their really?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:26 AM   #2
(female)

~Summer~ HB User
Re: is their really a point to being in shape!

Are u trying to find an excuse to not be in shape?

There are numerous health risks associated with being over weight. You are at an increased stance of possibly developing diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, higher risk of heart attack, lower life expectancy...The complications go on & on, I suggest you do a web search it if you want to know all the risks.

Last edited by ~Summer~; 03-26-2005 at 03:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 05:44 AM   #3
(female)

anumii23 HB User

Are you kidding me???

When you are in good shape....you have the energy and stamina to participate in and enjoy so many more aspects of LIFE than you can when you are worn out, overweight and low-energy. Your overall health gets better, you are much less likely to catch every bug that goes around and recover from illness more quickly when you do get sick...you lower your risk for cancer, diabetes, heart attack, and a host of other illnesses related to obesity and lack of exercise. Exercise boosts your mood and combats depression...

The list goes on and on...
do a search for reasons to get in shape...

Old 03-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

aquagirl007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Summer~
Are u trying to find an excuse to not be in shape?

There are numerous health risks associated with being over weight. You are at an increased stance of possibly developing diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, higher risk of heart attack, lower life expectancy...The complications go on & on, I suggest you do a web search it if you want to know all the risks.
Summer is right about all of these risks. However, you can have these increased risks just as easily if you are thin and out of shape. It isn't just overweight and out of shape that is a problem.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 AM   #5
(female)

~Summer~ HB User

Yes, regardless of weight, anyone can develop these conditions...the problem is, your risk increases if you are overweight. All the more reason to get into shape, to help reduce these risks & improve cardiovascular health!

Closed Thread