It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Energy Drinks

I know they are not weight loss drinks or anything. But can they be any good for you? I found one I actually like the taste of, I had one yesterday and today since ive been waking up so early for work that it gives me an extra boost to stay awake.

The one I drink has Ginseng, Taurine, carnitine? And i know there are a few that have creatine too?

My question is can these makes your stomach sick? I've noticed my tummy to be upset yesterday and today (b4 i had the drink) could this do it or no?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 AM   #2
(female)

FitChic HB User
Re: Energy Drinks

im not a fan of those energy things..............most are loaded with sugar and carbs................what kind is it?...............make sure you read the label

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Monster? It's not an everyday thing Just yesterday and today since i was up early had like zero sleep.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #4

Sameesh HB User

isnet monster the horny goat weed one?
I dont think they are so bad if used properly-
directly after your workout, even before in protein

Old 03-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

"Energy" on bars and drinks usually means sugar. I don't think they're much better than soda, personally.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranna65
I know they are not weight loss drinks or anything. But can they be any good for you? I found one I actually like the taste of, I had one yesterday and today since ive been waking up so early for work that it gives me an extra boost to stay awake.

The one I drink has Ginseng, Taurine, carnitine? And i know there are a few that have creatine too?

My question is can these makes your stomach sick? I've noticed my tummy to be upset yesterday and today (b4 i had the drink) could this do it or no?
I have tried many and the best I have found to be is XS Energy Drinks. They are loaded with vitamin B-12 and taste delicious!! I think they are made by Nutralite. Most of those other ones have too much sugar and carbs in them. Check them out, they taste great and give you just that lift ya need in the afternoon.

Melly

Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 AM   #7
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User

Sugar Free Red Bull!!! I dont know what vitamins, if any, it has in it, but its carb friendly and gives me a little rush of energy, i love them!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

thanks again guys!! I feel so tired today lol. Ive been refraining from having a drink of one. IT's very tempting though! I know i dont want to make them a habit. Just for a kick since im working a 9hr shift right now and im still beat from the weekend. thanks again

Old 03-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

Here's a better formula for energy

Eat well + Sleep 8hr + Workout hard = plenty of energy

Old 03-29-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

eating well is hard for me. I have a mixed up schedual. I have class monday through thursday sometimes earlier then ususal. Then I work 4-5 times a week 2 or 3 of those shifts consisting of 1-10 or 2-11. So i dont really have time for a nice healthy dinner.

I rarely go to sleep before 1 or 2 am Im just a night owl i just cant. Last night was the earliest ina while I was in bed and asleep b4 midnight, up at 7:30. I am still working out not as much as i should I know, but im not one of those people who can get up at 6am to work out b4 i go to class.

My only other option is working out later, which i have done before.

Closed Thread