It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

Sir Charles HB User
Supplement help please

I've been weight lifting for about 3 months now 4-5 times a week, and I'm seeing results, but I'm not gaining as much muscle mass as I'd like to. I've been taking in about 100-150 grams of protein a day (I weigh 205lbs). I know that may not be enough recomended protein, but there are people that I've lifted with that make good gains while not intaking healthy foods at all. I heard some good things about T-bomb II, for increasing testosterone to help produce muscle mass. Is this a good suplement to take, or should I go with something more like creatine?

Right now I'm at about 10% body fat and I'd like to get down to about 5%, but I want to put on about 20-30 pounds of muscle as well. So those are my goals, what will help me accomplish these? thanks for any help

Regards

Old 03-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #2

phillydude HB User
Re: Supplement help please

More protein. At least 1.5 gram per pound of body weight for some with your size and intensity levels. Creatine might be an option too... probably wouldn't hurt.

If you are 205 with 10% body fat now, you are going to have to work REALLY HARD to reach both your goals at the same time. I'd say to work on gaining the weight, and then losing the fat. But that's just my opinion... unfortunately, I don't have the same kinds of problems you do.

Maybe someone else can chime in here with some more targeted advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

Start with posting your complete diet. Unless you are on a rock solid diet add sumplements at this point is paramount to trying to polish a terd. I agree with Philly up protein. To gain muscle mass you have to be in a positive nitrogen balance and at this point I doubt you are.

Your goals are asking a bit much. cutting to 5% you will have a hard time - the good news is with three months of lifting you have a short window where you can lose fat and gain some weight.

As far as others making gains without great nutrition, it happens they picked the right parents and have good genetics. Look at Jamal Lewis of the Ravens, he is built like a tank and he does not train at all with weights.

Finally T-Bomb is crap and creatine isn't the best fit for your application especially vs the money it costs.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #4
(male)

Sir Charles HB User

Thanks for the help guys, I'll up the protein intake a lot I reckon :P. Right now my diet is this:

7am Cheerios w/o milk, protein shake
10am an apple or orange or oat and grain bar
12pm usually a lunchmeat sandwhich (mustard only) or salad with meat and w/o dressing, and fruit and vegitable (usually carrots)
5pm Protein shake
7pm usally whatever the family is having, if not, then grilled chicken with salsa and a vegitable

I drink water throughout the day usually around 6-8 quarts.

regards

Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
T
7am Cheerios w/o milk, protein shake
10am an apple or orange or oat and grain bar
12pm usually a lunchmeat sandwhich (mustard only) or salad with meat and w/o dressing, and fruit and vegitable (usually carrots)
5pm Protein shake
7pm usally whatever the family is having, if not, then grilled chicken with salsa and a vegitable
regards
7am Cheerios w/o milk, protein shake - Cut the cheerios -bad carb choice add natural oatmeal

10am an apple or orange or oat and grain bar - bad choice try 6 egg whites hard boiled

12pm usually a lunchmeat sandwhich (mustard only) or salad with meat and w/o dressing, and fruit and vegitable (usually carrots) - Lunchmeat is crap, go for 6 oz lean chicken breast , carrots bad too high GI- try romaine salad or steamed veggies - use rye bread on sandwich

5pm Protein shake

Add egg whites just prior to bed. 6-10 egg whites

This is just an example of some quick changes and better food choices for your goals.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #6
(male)

Sir Charles HB User

Thanks for the help, but I may have a really hard time doing most of those things since I'm still in highschool. So I guess I'll cut out the lunchmeat though, and carrots (who woulda thunk they'd be bad?) I'll start eating oats for breakfast if I can, but usually I run before school, and before I eat (I heard you burn more calories on an empty stomach). Do you have any more tips for quick and easy lunches or snacks? Well thanks again, and I'll try to take care of those things.

Regards

Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #7

BobK07 HB User

you say lunch meat is bad? What if its strait cut at the deli and not that prossessed packaged crap. If that were the case wouldnt a fresh turkey sandwhich be good?

Old 03-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

It would have to be turkey sliced from a real turkey, no cold cuts

Closed Thread