It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
(female)

janet23 HB User
Questions for Gazelle users

I have arthritis and I am thinking of buying the Gazelle. I've read the earlier posts on it, some positive and some not. For those of you who have a Gazelle, can you update me on your opinions? Are you satisfied with the machine or not? Is the basic style Gazelle worthwhile? I am by no means an exercise fanatic; I am 49 yrs. old and simply want something low impact to help me knock off a few pounds and tone up. I have a treadmill but I had foot surgery recently and I'm not up to strenuous walking yet. Thanks!

Old 03-29-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: Questions for Gazelle users

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet23
I have arthritis and I am thinking of buying the Gazelle. I've read the earlier posts on it, some positive and some not. For those of you who have a Gazelle, can you update me on your opinions? Are you satisfied with the machine or not? Is the basic style Gazelle worthwhile? I am by no means an exercise fanatic; I am 49 yrs. old and simply want something low impact to help me knock off a few pounds and tone up. I have a treadmill but I had foot surgery recently and I'm not up to strenuous walking yet. Thanks!
I'd also like to know. MY husband and I may be buying one soon. My husband has had many foot and knee surgeries and cannot use the treadmill, and they claim it is a good low impact, high cardio workout!!!

Melly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 08:48 AM   #3

Jimmy King HB User

From what I've seen of it, it should be no more or less effective than an elliptical machine or such, in other words, as long as you use it, it'll work. My main concern upon actually seeing one is the quality. It seemed really lightweight and flimsy to me. I'm 6'3" and about 240 lbs and it looked like the sort of thing that would fall apart under my weight with regular use.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

janet23 HB User

I see your point. But, I'm 5'5 and weigh 130, so hopefully, it would be okay for me. Hope some more of you will chime in!

Closed Thread