It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

diva78 HB User
Question Please Help........!!!!

Hello to everyone here on this board! Let me introduce myself....I am a 27 year old female in need of some serious help with the question I'm about to ask. To give you the Cliffs Notes version of my long story....I basically gained a whole bunch of weight after the birth of my son six years ago. Last year I got fed up with my self esteem issues and my appearance and decided to make a change. I started walking everyday and went on a portion controlled diet. In a matter of 10 months I lost 60 pounds! I went from being 240 down to 180! Yeah for me, right? I am 5'9 and have a large build...so I am aiming to be around 165-170 for my target weight...but I injured my back and have not been able to work out like I have been. I am in so much pain that I'm not able to have a steady routine like I was before and I am not going back to being fat...I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THAT LIFESTYLE! So my question is....if I can't exercise..what can I do to get the rest of the weight off that I am wanting to get off? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all who read this....God Bless you all today! :-)

Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User
Re: Please Help........!!!!

Modify your diet cut back on calories - can you go for walks? swim? andything that can help burn calories?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

diva78 HB User
Re: Please Help........!!!!

I looked up your other posts on here and see that you are a trainer with 20+ years experience. Because I have only 15-20 more pounds to go before I reach my goal weight...would you recommend I start strength training right now or wait? I want to tone my legs and arms....and get a nice flat tummy....I'm finally looking lean...now I want to capture definition. But what reps to do and what machines to do them on....thats where my total blondness comes in. I sure would love to hear if you would have a simple way to tell me how to start weight lifting and what to do and how many times. Can you share your experience and expertise with me? I sure would appreciate any and all help that I can get. Thanks so much!

Closed Thread