It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

Dancin_Queen HB User
How to motivate partner to get fit?

My boyfriend and I have been together about 4 years and I love him more than ever, but in the past year (since we moved in together) he's put on about 30 pounds, and I need some advice to encourage him to exercise and eat better. I've always been a health conscious person, and healthy diet and exercise are a priority of mine, something that he doesn't really share. I understand that people's priorities are different, but I feel that the benefits of good health are universal. Looks aren't my main concern here--I'm still attracted to him and think he's super handsome. I'm worried about his health b/c his mom has had major health problems related to being very overweight, and he's beginning to put on weight so young (he's 23). To be frank, it also bothers me that he's so inactive during his time off. I attend college full time and work pt while he works ft--so our schedules usually don't allow us time to work out together, but even when I do suggest working out together, he declines and continues watching TV or wasting time on the internet (i'm obviously NEVER on the internet ). He says he wants to get in shape, and that he doesn't feel happy with his body, but he doesn't DO anything about it.I want HIM to decide to be healthier, not because I'm policing his diet or exercise (which I don't, but I feel I've hit a wall with encouragement). Please help me make him want to take action!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: How to motivate partner to get fit?

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=262852[/url]

Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #3
(female)

Dancin_Queen HB User
Re: How to motivate partner to get fit?

Thanks a lot!! Those suggestions were great.

Closed Thread