It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
(male)

Location: A little town called Silent Hill (lol, maybe not THAT bad yet)
privatescreen33 HB User
Facial fat reduction...

Im wondering how soon you first start noticing fat loss while weight training. Im a very thin guy and i have very little muscle mass so i am trying to bulk up and i hope that ultimately i will end up with a leaner face. Ive seen on many websites and boards that your face DOES lean up with the rest of your body, but on the other hand i have heard that if you have a cubby face that it is most likely genetic. I want to know from you weight lifters and dieters out there, does your face look leaner after reducing fat or increasing muscle? How soon does this take to notice a difference? What are some suppliments or diet recommendations that would help reduce any facial puffiness as possible? I hear low on sodium and high on postassium helps. Your response would be greatly appreciated as im sure there are others on these boards that would be interested in this question as well. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
(male)

The Len HB User
Re: Facial fat reduction...

Your face has to do with genetics. You have a certain bone structure to your face. Everyone does. Some people's faces are just fatter than others. If you are skinny and still have a fat face, I am sorry to say but I think you're not going to slim it down much more than what it looks like. On the other hand if you were fat to begin with and wanted a thinner face, eating a low fat healthy diet and exercising for 30 to 45 minutes every day would thin your face out to an extent after a few months of this. Building muscle in your body has no relation whatsoever to how fat your face is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yea....i have a pudgy face. i am skinny skinny but my cheeks are huge! lol. i got my dad's facial structures (darn eh?)...but haha i still love me

Old 04-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
(male)

ljr2600 HB User

A lot of how your face is shaped is genetics. If your fat enough, there will certainly be fat tissue in your face.

My face is pretty lean now, but before I lost 40 lbs (I was 190 lbs, now 150 and 5 ' 7") my face was a lot more chubby looking

Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
(male)

Location: A little town called Silent Hill (lol, maybe not THAT bad yet)
privatescreen33 HB User

Well im just curious because I have heard that when a person does not eat enough or doesnt eat enough of the right foods that a chubby face can be symptomatic. For instance, its pretty common for an anorexic to gain a chubby face due to lack of nutrition. Im just curious because i have had an extremely poor diet for years (one or two meals a day, sometimes just a snack) and i have very little muscle or any mass due to it. I have read through extensive research that that less muscle you have, the slower your metabolize fat. I have been very very thin all my life so maybe its not that im genetically predisposed to having a fatter face, but rather im predisposed to having a thinner body. Its odd because the sides of my face are very defined and thinned out (strong jaw, defined cheekbones) but the the are that is chubby is more the central part of my face (corners of my mouth and sides of my nose). It is these ares that i have much facial irritation and sometimes extensive dryness. The more irritated my face feels, the puffier it will look. It just seems really strange to be and i have never seen anyone else like it. Anyway, maybe with this further info someone could help me out. I really dont like the thought of being stuck this way due to genetics but i also wonder if dry irritated skin could be a cause.

Closed Thread