It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User
Shoes!!!

I recently joined a gym to help get myself back into shape. I'm lifting weights and doing cardio (treadmill and eliptical). I haven't bought sneakers in about 3 years because I rarely wear them, but now I will be using them a lot. I know there are different types out there, but I'm unsure of what kind I should buy for my needs? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Sugarhi16; 04-01-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

FitChic HB User
Re: Shoes!!!

i love my shox........ill always recommend them........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

The best advice is to find a crosstrainer or running shoe that fits *you* best. Something with good support and cushion. I have bought Sauconys for 6 years and love, love, love them. New Balance is also very good. I have never met a Nike I liked, but some people swear by them. But try some on and see which fit your specific needs.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Thats what I wasn't sure of, if I needed a crosstrainer or running shoe. I guess it doesn't matter then. Thanks for the suggestions on brands, I'll just try them on till I find ones that are the most comfortable. Thanks so much!!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #5

Starrbelie HB User

Sugarhi,

Look for a store that specializes in shoes and running equipment. Not just sporting goods in general. I just went to one in my area, these guys were awsome! They actually measured my foot (haven't had anyone do that in a long time)! They had me try on a neutral shoe, then put me on a treadmill and video taped me walking. Then they showed me where in my stride that I was pronating and brought out several shoes that had the support where I needed it. I bought the best feeling shoes I have ever put on my feet! I don't want to take them off. If you can find a store like that it is well worth the extra money!

Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #6
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrbelie
Sugarhi,

Look for a store that specializes in shoes and running equipment. Not just sporting goods in general. I just went to one in my area, these guys were awsome! They actually measured my foot (haven't had anyone do that in a long time)! They had me try on a neutral shoe, then put me on a treadmill and video taped me walking. Then they showed me where in my stride that I was pronating and brought out several shoes that had the support where I needed it. I bought the best feeling shoes I have ever put on my feet! I don't want to take them off. If you can find a store like that it is well worth the extra money!
Starrbelie,
Thanks for the tip. That would be awesome to get feedback like that since I have no knowledge on this subject. I was a swimmer and didn't need shoes before! Where should I start a search for such a store, anything in particular that I should look up in the phone book/internet? Thanks for advice if you have any.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

I know Runners Roost does it.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #8

Starrbelie HB User

Sugarhi,
Sorry I haven't responded sooner.....Been a crazy two weeks....The name of the store I went to is "Fleet Feet" and I heard about them from the track coach at the school where I work. Try the phone book for sporting goods after that I don't know.
Starr

Closed Thread