It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
abdominal question.

K, u all know me as the one gaining weight and blaa blaa. now, the weight still needs to distribute throughout my body once it gets used to it, so itll be in my tummy for a while yet. so, my stomach kinda buldges out. what are sum lower ab exercises i can do to help this? will my stomach buldge out forever? i do skip rope and run alot, so i got my cardio to burn the fat , but haha yea...im confused.

Old 04-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #2

BobK07 HB User
Re: abdominal question.

sit ups will help build abs but I hear they dont flatten the stomach. the abs will show once u loose belly fat. so if you wanna reduce the stomach I would say do cardio and watch your diet. You say you wanna gain weight so I dunno if this is what u need. If you wanna gain weight I'd say hit the weights because I assume ull wanna pack on muscle over fat. Once you build muscle I think youll start to even out. for now get your cals but get them from healthy sources. But im not to sure about your situation so take my advice with a grain of salt. hope this helps

Last edited by BobK07; 04-03-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: abdominal question.

Sammy: you might want to repost your situation sometimes or you're going to get conflicting and unhelpful responses.
Your stomach bulging is probably partly due to the increase of food in your guts (a little distended look?) and possibly a little bit of fat gain. Remember that you need to keep a little tension in your abs all the time if only for good posture. If you just "let it hang out" it will appear to be like a pot belly, when it is really just lack of core strength and control. Is it a bloaty feeling or a jiggly feeling? I know you have gained some weight recently, but I can't imagine that you are anywhere near "fat" at this point.

Closed Thread