It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #1

BobK07 HB User
lifting question

for the next week or so I wanna focus on arms. So basically I am gonna focus on building a little more on arm mass while giving my chest (bench) , back(lats etc), and abs a break. Is this an ok plan? my plan is to maintain my core while bulking a little on the arms such as triceps. Does this sound like it would work and be ok for the short term? will i loose core muscle? my hope is just to maintain it while bulking up other places (arms and legs). anyone wanna give me thier 2 cents in this one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: lifting question

You can put more focus on arms for bulk, but I would absolutely not cut out back, chest or abs altogether. Specifically, what sort of workout program are you thinking about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #3

BobK07 HB User
Re: lifting question

The reason I said I wanted to cut back on abs and chest is for 2 reasons. Im 20 rys old and 6 foot 162 pounds. I dont know my body fat percentage but by bodyfat cant be more then 8 percent so my abs have very little fat on them. since they are very clearly visible doing ab work will only make them bulky, i imagine. I'd rather have the flat toned abs then the big bulging ones, ive been doin the 8 minute abs for like 2 years now so they are already nicely developed (I memorized it from all those high school gym classes). I am satsfied with my chest and lats at the moment as well. Like i said I wanna focus on my arms. My bicepts are about 14 1/2 inches, actually my right is, with my left being about 1/4 inch smaller. I dont know why because I dont do extra work on my right arm. Maybe its because i broke my left arm around the bicep area pretty bad when i was in forth grade and im naturally right handed with almost everything. I was hoping to maybe gain 1/4-1/2 inch on the arms. dont have much desire to get any bigger then that. This is attainable because I know my tris could be bigger. So I figured I'd do extra tri and arm work instead of lat/middle lower back and chest. I also run on the alternate day. I just started lifting legs about 3 months ago so I am gonna keep that going at full force after my cardio for the time being. I pretty wanna bulk up my arms a tad and i dont really want my core getting bigger with it, for the time being.

Last edited by BobK07; 04-03-2005 at 06:05 PM.

Closed Thread