It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

mistycatt HB User
Will I be able to lose it??

Hi there! I have a question!!!

Can I lose my tummy fat! I am not a big person, pretty skinny actually and I could use some fat in certain areas, however, I have 2 kids and my last pregnancy was 5 years ago. I have a little bit of fat I want to get rid of and I know I need excercise to lose it but people keep saying that you can't because it's been 5 years since I had my son.... Uuuggghh!!!

I guess I just need to try and find out right?

any suggestions anyone

Old 04-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Will I be able to lose it??

Of course you can. but it sounds like you would really benefit from srength training. If you think of yourself as 'skinny' but still have areas you want to lose fat, adding some lean muscle will help tremendously. You definitely do not want to become underweight, so putting on some healthy weight will increase your metabolism and help you to lose fat. Consider picking up the Body For Life book. It's a great beginner's program that will help you to do exercises and plan a healthy diet.
One thing you need to really, critically assess is if it is fat on your belly or if it is loose skin from the pregnancy. If it is fat, it can be lost. If it is skin that has not pulled back into place, there is really no solution to getting it back to normal other than surgery.

Last edited by Naxis; 04-04-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

mistycatt HB User

That is my problem also... I can't tell if is lose skin or fat.... I mean I can pinch it... but when I am standing up looking in the mirror it is not droopy or anything but when I sit it rolls over....

Old 04-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

It may be a little bit of both. If you have other areas that seem to be holding more fat than you would like, then you probably still have a little left to lose and strength training will definitely make a difference.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:30 AM   #5
(female)

LouB HB User

a good thing is to go to a gym and get a health assessment and get your Body fat % takeing.. and then take it from there

Closed Thread