It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
doing less pushups properly

hey..well we had fitness test and this boggles my mind. last time i did 40 (thats pathectic but im workin)...and today i did 33. but i did them like the rite way...i went all the way down and all the way up. my friend did like 45 but u arms were spread so far apart.

do u think i did just as good if i did them properly?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User
Re: doing less pushups properly

WOW! Do you mean 40 in a row? That's great! I can do 3 sets of 15, but do something else like ISO Abs in between the sets. Sounds like you are training for something special?? I was never told to do that many in a row. Maybe I need to start?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

haha oh? this is just in gym class. 4 times a year we do as many pushups and curls as we can. curls r nothin i can do like 1000 of em in a row if i really wanted to (prolly not, but u know)..so. yeah, lotsa ppl in my class can do like 60! but then again, sometimes they do the but push up. lol. but haha yea...i managed 40 but i prolly did em wrong, but i did 33 the proper way. and by golly doing it rite than wrong makes a HUGE difference

Old 04-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

OK! I remember gym class and taking all those athletics tests. I also had a lot more energy back then. We also had to do that hanging from the bar test... Anyway, I don't think they counted if we did them wrong, but again, that was a long time ago. And it does make a difference how you do them! I think you did fine. Maybe you were just more tired this time than last time or didn't eat enough breakfast. I've learned that if I don't eat enough for breakfast and then workout I run out of energy. Next time you guys have a fitness test, eat a better breakfast (if you didn't this time). Good luck with those!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Did they have you do real pushups or those "girl" pushups. I remember my gym teachers had the guys and girls do different types of pushups. Those "girl" pushups are such a slap in the face to females too. It's like telling girls they can't do real pushups so do these modified ones.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

OH! That's right!! I can't wait to hear SammyT's response on that. We did get a break and did pushups the "girly" way. but I can reassure you that I can't get away with the "girly" pushups with my trainer! He'd kick my *ss if I even slipped down on my knees....no pain, no gain!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

hahaha actually i am surprised we dont do the girly ppushups. we do the regular ones...but do u wanna know what a slap in the face is? k, like 2 yrs ago in gym class, we had to do a bunch of exercises around the gym or whatnot in a matter of minutes...neways, one we had to lift a medicane ball or somethin...but my physed teacher (which is a SHE) told a boy in my class to get a basketball for the girls because "we werent strong enuf" PSShh!! haha slap!

Closed Thread