It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

Sarah12 HB User
Talking Excercises for Thighs that WONT reduce breast size!!???

I am curious if riding the bike will make my thighs tone up and keep my breasts the same size. Because Im aware that cardio makes the breasts get smaller. So is there any thigh excerices that DOESNT reduce breast size??? Thanks!!

Old 04-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: Excercises for Thighs that WONT reduce breast size!!???

Overall fat loss makes the breasts shrink sometimes. Breasts are composed of fatty tissue so like the rest of you will shrink so will your breasts. I'm not sure if there is anyway to prevent shrinkage in that area if you lose body fat, although when you look at before and after pictures of fitness models thay all seem to maintain them. Maybe someone can shed some light.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

Overall fat loss usually means smaller breasts. Whether there will be a small or a big difference depends on the fat composition of the breasts... There's fat between the mammary glands ("hormonal fat") which isn't easily affected by weight loss. And then there's "normal" fat under the skin which will lessen if you lose weight.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

Well I'm not sure what's going on, but no shrinkage here! In fact, I wanted to post a thread and find out why mine are getting bigger. Guess that's not where I was storing my fat. At my weigh-in and measure 2 weeks ago I've lost a total of 14% body fat and never lost a cup size. Not to get too personal, but I was a 36D and now have to tighen my bra, but I'm thinking I'm not a D anymore. In fact, my swimsuit from last year doesn't fit in the top area, so I had to get a new one, but that was fun shopping for it since the fat loss. So, the only thing I can tell you is all the chest exercises like the chest press, incline press, bench press and what ever else I've done must be making that muscle grow and therefore "lifting" things back to where they are suppose to be. And no, I don't have implants.

Last edited by frustrated35; 04-05-2005 at 02:09 PM. Reason: incorrect

Old 04-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

Chest muscles can compensate for a smaller breast size...
You say that you didn't go down a cup? But you did go down in chest circumference, since you mention that you have to tighten your bra? Can you still wear your old bras, or did you have to buy new ones?

Old 04-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

I haven't hit Victoria's Secret yet, but despertly need to. I wear a 34D sportsbra and should be able to get into a 34 regular bra. The ones I'm wearing and there's no padding at all are making look like I'm wearing a miracle bra. Well, too much miracle here!!! As soon as I get back home I'll hit VS and get measured. I've also noticed that since they aren't fitting that my lower back has been hurting more. Anyhow, I do like the lift!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

Well, that's one downside to heavy breasts: lower back troubles... Good luck with the bra shopping

Old 04-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

True...I wonder how much the babies weigh?? I think my trainer needs to take that into consideration at my next weigh in. In the beginning I was afraid to work the chest muscles thinking that I would lose a cup size or more. My trainer would give me a hard time telling me that I was a wimp and I can lift more than what I was. So my response was always that I wanted to "lift" not "flatten" that area. He would just laugh and explain that I would definitely build that area and not to worry. Guess he was right. He smiles at me everytime I'm doing some type of chest exercise now since I pack it on. We do have fun at the gym. I fear bra shopping, not fun! Too many to choose from and sooooo expensive! But I'll bring a friend and make the best of it. Guess another downfall would be that I stop working out with weights and start losing muscle and what I've got. But only an injury will keep me out of the gym. I'm hooked!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

Don't worry, there's no such thing as "spot reduction" so keep up with the chest exercises! :-) Personally I'm just getting the hang of bench presses and such, and I'm loving it! Not to mention all the attention I get from the guys lifting weights at my gym, no other girl does bench presses in our gym... :-)

Old 04-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Gee Frustrated35 I think I would kill just to be a full B !! I was a B before kids then went as big as a DD while nursing, now I think I might be as small as a small B if I'm lucky!! Some of us were not blessed in that area.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

You go lietchi! I love the looks as well in the gym and my trainer says I do them better than most of the guys. I love it! And to think...I use to be afraid of going into that area I call "boyland". I say move over boys!

Hey bluehen! A "B" is a nice size! Just think of all the cute tops you can wear and if I tried I'd look like a stripper! Not what ever girl wants to see. Now, guys are a different story, but they don't count in this thread. I haven't even thought of the size I may become if I ever get married and have kiddos. Yikes! That's gonna hurt....

Last edited by frustrated35; 04-05-2005 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling...

Old 04-05-2005, 02:51 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

LOL, you're too funny...

Watch out guys, us girls are going to kick your weightlifting ***! ;-)

And back on-topic: sarah12, you won't necessarily lose breast size if you lose weight... Depends on how much fat you lose too, only a few pounds or entire dress sizes. Bottom line: you'll just have to see what happens...

Last edited by lietchi; 04-05-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:00 PM   #13
(female)

Sarah12 HB User
Cool Re: Excercises for Thighs that WONT reduce breast size!!???

YEAH....but even if im not workin out? With the whole overall body weight loss stuff....i mean if i just focus on my legs...no running or anything? Just maybe a bike....

Old 04-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

lietchi HB User

Do you want to build some leg muscle? You don't want to lose overall weight? Then I wouldn't be concerned about losing breast size. But you can't lose weight/fat on your legs (if that's what you want) without losing losing weight elsewhere. There's no such thing as spot reduction... What you can do is build some leg muscle to make your legs firmer.

Closed Thread