It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

Drag64SS HB User
So Dang Frustrated!!! Need to vent

HELP!!!... I think I'm cancelling the PT side of my membership (fortunately I'm within my 10 day grace period)... the "so called" PT was very late (45 min.) on Monday and didn't even show up today... this after arguing with the Bally's staff yesterday because they told me I can only have one session per week for 10 weeks?? WHAT THE????? I even paid for the whole membership up front..... I'm so frustrated at this point... when I went in there I told them my exact situation... I know nothing about working out, never have done it before and I need help getting a routine so I can do it correctly and I don't wanna be walking around the gym looking like an idiot not knowing what to do... what happens???... last week, Wed, Thur, Fri... Me walking around the gym looking like an idiot (after 30 min on the treadmill)... very poor session with "so called" PT on Mon. then Tues. Wed. this week.... Me walking around the gym looking like an idiot (after 30 min. on treadmill) I guess my best bet will be to try to get some help on here, get a regular membership and go to it??? any other suggestions???

Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User
Re: So Dang Frustrated!!! Need to vent

Finding the right personal trainer can be tough. I will say that the one you have sounds like a poor match. Here is a look from someone on the inside-

1) Who is their certification with - trainers can range from a PHD to a weekend course. Find out who the cert is with and post it here for insight.

2) How long have they been a trainer?

3) What do they do to stay current?

4) What is the trainers prefered client or specialty? You will even see that here, Naxis is patient and understanding of beginers, I prefer athletes and those on the lunatic fringe of lifting

5) What is their typical clients results and what can you expect for your sessions?

6) Will they be full service and advise on nutrition? do they have any background that allows them to do this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #3

phillydude HB User

I would politely ask the Club Manager to assign another trainer to you, with the recommendation of the PT Manager, and ask them for two free sessions with the new trainer in the same week as a make-up for the current trainer missing the sessions this week. Two sessions in one week will be enough to get you comfortable on the equipment and the routine, and then you can use your ten weeks of once a week from there.

If they don't agree to this right away, politely explain that you paid in advance for the services, and the services were not delivered in a timely manner as agreed, and if there is no resolution to your satisfaction, you will proceed to bring this matter to the attention of the District Manager.

The DM's at Bally's have considerable influence over the branches they supervise, and this should get the ball rolling. But above all, don't be nasty about it... the gym is a small place, and word gets around quick if you are a "problem" member.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

I'm with phillydude. I would talk to the Manager and tell them your concerns. Not sure where you live, but I'm not a big Bally's fan and go to 24 hour fitness. They are all probably the same, you just need a better trainer.

Chappyboy is also right, you need to research who your trainer will be. I went in for training because I was recovering from knee surgery. I asked to be put with a trainer who has experience training clients with injuries as well as a trainer who has a degree in Kinesiology (I hope I spelled that right). Mine is a college grad, majored in kinesiology, former college baseball player and has had several injuries. He's patient, doesn't just tell me what I want to hear, he tells it like it is, he can be strict, but not a bully, knows when to push and when to backoff. Your trainer must be a good match with you and what you are trying to achieve or you are not getting your money's worth. I don't see how training once a week will help if you are a beginner. I hope you got a good deal! When I first started, I was with my trainer 2-3 times a week depending on my schedule. I also received some "free" sessions with my new membership, but wasn't restricted to once a week. Now I see him 1-2 times a week, but on days we aren't training together he still "watches" me. A good trainer will care about you and your progress. One who is 45 mintues late or is even a no-show isn't worth your time. If you don't get anywhere talking to the Manger, ask for your money back (a full refund) and check out a different club. Good luck!

Last edited by frustrated35; 04-07-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: sp

Closed Thread