It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
question about new whey protein i got!

HEY! well, i talked my mommy into getting me some protein shake thingers....hehe. neways, they are flippin expensive!! we bought a size that serves 11...(so it says..i dont measure), so yeah...its a PVL "Whey gourmet" flavoring strawberry and banana with 25 gms of protien per 31 grams or 150 ml of the powder. well i missed my leg day yesterday so, i did my abs and legs today for an hour and right after i drank some of this stuff with skim milk and my god its better than a fattening milkshake!!! haha...its SO good!! but u see...i donno how many times a week i should drink it. it cost pretty much 20 bux, and i kinda need it to last for at least like 2 months or so...i'd buy it myself but im broke. lotsa body builder peeps drink these stuff every day! but i cant afford that. i workout every day for 20 minutes doing a different muscle everytime, so...maybe once a week? i do eat a lot of my protein, so..i shouldnt need to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 04:52 AM   #2

phillydude HB User
Re: question about new whey protein i got!

You need to take the protein IF you are not getting enough in your regular diet. So before you take it, you need to know how much protein you are currently consuming each day, and how much you need to maintain the correct ratios in your diet. Generally I'd advise no more than 1/4 of your daily protein intake be in supplement form.

Sounds like you paid a hefty price for very little product. 25g is not a lot of protein per serving, and $20 for 11 servings is not a good deal at all. By comparison, six egg whites totals about 25g of protein, costs less than a dollar, and makes a tasty omelet. You can get better deals on protein powder at places like GNC or Walmart.

And you definitely need to measure the protein powder... otherwise you'll probably use more than the "suggested" serving size. In any case, I highly doubt that it will last a month... I'd say a week would be a better estimate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

Okay...so now i know not to make such a dumb investment. and i honestly dont know how to measure "protien" or whatnot...so, ill just take it after a workout if i know i didnt have much protien thru out the day.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #4

phillydude HB User

it probably came with some kind of scoop in the container...

Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Check the USDA website to figure out how much protein is in your food (or read lables if there is one). But it sounds like you get *plenty* of protein in your diet. You really don't need to supplement.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

okay that works!

Closed Thread