It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #1

Jackswift HB User
Muscle around collar bone

my collar bone juts out and it looks really boney and bad

how do i can muscle in that area? when i do the bench press i cant really feel the 'pain' the next day in my collar area, whereas my pecs and other chest muscles feel nice and tender. This leads me to believe im not helping my collar area gain any muscle

thanks for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Muscle around collar bone

The only real muscle around the collarbone is the clavicular head of the pectorals which are the focus of the incline chest work. It's a fairly small strip of muscle and may not really do much for hiding the collarbone. Since there's really nothing but skin covering the clavicle, a gain on overall weight might be most effective for aesthetic purposes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #3

Jackswift HB User

i see...well thats not happenin right now...im 18 and no matter what i eat i dont gain a pound

hopefulyl in a year or two my metabolism will slow down

Old 04-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #4

Jackswift HB User

sry to post again,

what if i build up some neck muscle, above the collar bone? (if this is possible plz name some exersizes)

Old 04-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #5
(male)

dennis182 HB User

Any exercises which hit the trapezius. Exercises such as upright rows will hit the middle fibres of the traps along with many other muscles as it is a compound exercise. I think this exercise is the main one which is used for the trapezius.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Collarbone (front), not the back. I don't know of any real exercises for the neck, short of using resistance (or gravity) and tucking your chin. But toy won't gain any muscle either if you're not able to gain 'weight". I bet a change in diet would make a big difference.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #7

Jackswift HB User

yea i was wondering about the trapezius: since their mainly your back, i was wondering if they grow "forward", as in towards your chest.

thx

Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #8
(male)

tzlaxplr22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswift
my collar bone juts out and it looks really boney and bad

how do i can muscle in that area? when i do the bench press i cant really feel the 'pain' the next day in my collar area, whereas my pecs and other chest muscles feel nice and tender. This leads me to believe im not helping my collar area gain any muscle

thanks for any help
Finally...someone who has the same problem as me...Im 15 years old and ive been working out religiously for the past month hoping to get rid of my boney collar bone. No progress so far,but after reading all the tips,im hopin that it will change. This is one of the biggest relifes, there is accauly another person who has the same problem...plz keep in touch with up to date exercises

Closed Thread