It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

uglynow HB User
Angry Working out and big breasts

Hi,
I finally broke down and decided to post here for advice on this topic. My problem is: big boobs, they get in the way of everything, and they're extremely uncomfortable to workout in. I really want to get in shape as turning 30 has brought on a harsh realization on sudden body/metabolism changes (it sucks!) Anyway, I can't seem to find a workout bra that's comfy yet effective. I prefer jogging (to my dismay) and you can imagine, not fun. I've bought a bunch of workout bras and none really help - I find that I have to buy the smaller size so they'll support better, however this creates another problem - once I start jogging, I run out of breath quickly and it becomes very uncomfortable because the bra is constricting my ribs and I get extremely irritated and frustrated. If I buy the right size, it doesn't support enough and it's uncomfortable once I start jogging.
Does anyone know, if there's any place that would specialize in this type of "bra dilemma"? I've thought of getting custom made bras, but I don't know how much they would know about workout bras...
Anyway, I'm babbling at this point - anyone with any info? I would be most appreciative!

Thanks!

Last edited by uglynow; 04-15-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User
Re: Working out and big breasts

I have this problem as well. Not sure what your definition of hugh is, but I found that Academy has a sportsbra made by Champion that works for me. It does have the underwire so might be too constricting for you, but I deal with it to get the support. The ones that have no support make me look like I have "one" boob and man does it hurt to run. So I can understand. Take a look and see if that sportsbra will work for you. I have also found it at Kohls as well as Dillards. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #3

dreeeemer HB User

Try the Frog Bra by Title 9 Sports. I suggest buying is a size smaller than they recomend- they give you a meaurment thing to see what size you are but mine was too big and I had to exchange it. I LOVE it and I have the same problem you do (36D) Also, try the eliptical instead of the treadmill, Even though this bra is tight,but not constricting, I still really can't run too much because it hurts me, the eliptical takes the pounding part out while still mimicing the motion of running. If you work out at home and only have a treadmill, i would suggest quick walking with a high incline.

It's an unfortunate side effect of being genetically blessed I guess, and if you are overweight you can look forward to the fact that they will get smaller as you loose weight.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Second nomination for Title 9. Forget about size on the tag and go with what's comfortable for you.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
Second nomination for Title 9. Forget about size on the tag and go with what's comfortable for you.
Where do you buy it? I'll try anything! The one I have is a little constricting, but haven't found one any better.....

Old 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
(female)

uglynow HB User

Omigosh! Thank you sooo much! You're all awesome. I will look for these ASAP. And yes, the elliptical is usually what I stick with at the gym. I just always notice all these skinny girls are at the treadmill, and when I'm outdoors I like jogging...but it is a pain.

a million thanks for the suggestions -YAY!

Closed Thread