It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

ennia HB User
Exclamation what can I do to reduce my hip size?!?!?!?

I've gained some weight in the past three years & It's all in my hips!!!! I'm starting to have what you call a spare tire! I've been working out for about a month and still haven't noticed any results; It's very discouraging!! I would greatly appreciate any advice to get rid of this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: what can I do to reduce my hip size?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennia
I've gained some weight in the past three years & It's all in my hips!!!! I'm starting to have what you call a spare tire! I've been working out for about a month and still haven't noticed any results; It's very discouraging!! I would greatly appreciate any advice to get rid of this!
What does your diet look like? A month? you won't see a HUGE change in one month. What type of cardio exercises do you do? Do you strength train?

Last edited by Jess75; 06-24-2005 at 11:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
(female)

ennia HB User

I've actually changed my diet A LOT I've really been watching what I eat but before it was all junk food! As for my work out; I do an aerobics video in the morning & after that I use light weights. Not much of a rutine I know, but I really have been working hard. I just want to really focus on my hips first but I have no idea what exercises work for that area.

Old 06-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennia
I've actually changed my diet A LOT I've really been watching what I eat but before it was all junk food! As for my work out; I do an aerobics video in the morning & after that I use light weights. Not much of a rutine I know, but I really have been working hard. I just want to really focus on my hips first but I have no idea what exercises work for that area.
Unfortunately, as many say, you cannot spot reduce, especially the hips. You could tone certain parts of your body that working your on, since muscle takes up less space and helps to burn fat. I think step aerobics or an elliptical machine would help with that. Plus, as you know, diet is key and exercise is some help. What exercise video do you do? I workout to videos also.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-25-2005 at 06:39 PM.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #5
(female)

ennia HB User

I alternate 3 videos; shape your body (cindy crawford), the next challenge (cindy crawford) & a step arobics video

Old 07-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
(female)

alsaser HB User
Thumbs up Re: what can I do to reduce my hip size?!?!?!?

I would recommend the Firm fitness series. I've gone from a size 9-11 pants to a size 3. But it takes time!!! I would say it took me 6 months to a year, but once you start seeing results, it's sooo motivating and exciting. The Firm is good because they teach you how to use weights to maximize your workout and you get a great cardio workout as well. You need both! To reduce fat from anywhere in your body, you have to burn fat period. Your body will start burning the fat, and remember: the largest supply is the last to go. You have to build muscle, which will burn away the fat. Some great exercises for hips is weighted squats, step up boxes (the Firm uses the FannyLifter) and lunges. I too had gained a lot of weight and was soooo discouraged, I had a spare tire and my hips were big. Now, my hips are tiny, and I'm tiny. Take it from someone who has gotten her dream results and more. These workouts, combined with healthy LOW FAT food will give you results. You need to do both. It can be done, but you HAVE to be consistant. Good luck to you, I know you can look awesome!

Old 07-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #7
(female)

k8ty HB User

hi I'm kinda in the same boat. I've heard so many times "first to gain last to lose" so the last place you gain weight will be the first place you lose it. I am just lifting weights and doing cardio-but make sure you do the weights first. Building muscle is more important and you want to make sure you don't use up all your stores of glycogen on the cardio. This gives you the most energy to lift and then whatever else you can do put it into cardio.

Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaser
I would recommend the Firm fitness series. I've gone from a size 9-11 pants to a size 3. But it takes time!!! I would say it took me 6 months to a year, but once you start seeing results, it's sooo motivating and exciting. The Firm is good because they teach you how to use weights to maximize your workout and you get a great cardio workout as well. You need both! To reduce fat from anywhere in your body, you have to burn fat period. Your body will start burning the fat, and remember: the largest supply is the last to go. You have to build muscle, which will burn away the fat. Some great exercises for hips is weighted squats, step up boxes (the Firm uses the FannyLifter) and lunges. I too had gained a lot of weight and was soooo discouraged, I had a spare tire and my hips were big. Now, my hips are tiny, and I'm tiny. Take it from someone who has gotten her dream results and more. These workouts, combined with healthy LOW FAT food will give you results. You need to do both. It can be done, but you HAVE to be consistant. Good luck to you, I know you can look awesome!
Oh I know, the firm is AWESOME!! I've tried SO many workout videos and the firm is the best by far for overall toning and cardio. I use the firm on my "off" cardio days. Just wanted to share my feelings about them too!!

Closed Thread