It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User
Home Based Excercise Program Advice Needed! Please Help!

Hi everybody - I hope someone can offer me advice. I would like to vary my excercise program for a few reasons - mainly I walk & swim, but would like to find an excercise dvd that I can do at home. I am a stay at home mom with 6 kids and live in the "boonies", so joining a gym is just not an option. I am at an ideal weight right now, just want to possibly lose another 5 lbs. or so and keep myself healthy. I can only swim on days when I pack up all six boys & head to the lake with a babysitter, and walking on the treadmill is a bit monotonous (sp?) I am 38 years old, in decent shape, and have recently been dx'd with fibromyalgia. I am looking for an excercise video that is low impact, yet will be effective. I am unfamiliar with these products. Anyone have any suggestions? Someone mentioned Denise Austin tapes to me - any opinions? Our local video store does not rent workout tapes, only sells them, so I don't have anyway of trying before buying! Thanks so much for your help! Marirose

Last edited by Marirose; 07-13-2005 at 08:50 AM.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Home Based Excercise Program Advice Needed! Please Help!

I'm not allowed to post websites, i'm sorry...but Denise Austin is a great one to start with. Kathy Smith is good too! I like step aerobics videos, they seem to keep me in shape. I real good one, with weights AND aerobics for inter/advanced is called "Fat Burning Breakthrough" by Kathy smith, and for JUST aerobicis is called "Functional Fitness" which is w/out a step. Did you ever try the firm...GREAT results from them!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Another option may be to get an account with Netflix or a similar service (if only for a month or two). They rent out a very wide range of exercise dvd's and will give you a cance to see which ones you like best, or even keep the account and try new ones all the time to keep a lot of variety in your workout. There are a ton of good workout videos out these days and picking one can be hard, and may quickly lead to boredom when you've done it over and over.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

HI all - thanks so much for the great suggestions. I did try the Firm, but the one tape I had with them did a number on my neck & shoulder ( all fibro pain - nothing wrong with the workout itself), so I think I am going to try both your suggestions. I never heard of "netflix" type service, wonder if they have that out here in the boondocks? Thanks for the advice, again, if you think of anything else, would look forward to a post! marirose

Old 07-13-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

They have it everywhere. That's why it's awesome. They *ship* dvd's to you(providing pre-paid envelopes for return.) And whenever you're done, you just pop it back in the mail. It's pretty sweet.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

Hey Naxis = Thanks alot! I will look into it today on the internet! M

Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
They have it everywhere. That's why it's awesome. They *ship* dvd's to you(providing pre-paid envelopes for return.) And whenever you're done, you just pop it back in the mail. It's pretty sweet.
Sounds pretty sweet, i'm gonna check it out, thanks!!

Closed Thread