It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User
no weight loss no inches lost

Hi all..i'm still stuck and have been for sometime now..with no weight loss or no inches lost..althouch i feel like i have gained some muscles..i'm not too sure yet. I'm 5'6 130 lbs. I'd still like to lose some fat. There is absolutely nothing happening right now. I have posted my diet a few times so i won't do that again..but i think it's good and i am always making improvements there. My logs show me eating about 1300 to 1500 calories per day and then there is at least one a week where i eat 17-1900. I run 6 times a week for 36 miniutes (average), and do some strenght training 3 times a week..including things like lunges, crunches, squats, dumbell arm lifts, push ups, etc..this takes about 40 minutes total. This is a brief summary of where i am at..if anyone has advice on how i can keep the fat loss going i would be greatful..everything has just stopped! i knew the last few pounds would be hard but i didn't think it would be this crazy hard. HELP!!! Am i eating too much..to less..what does everyone think....thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: no weight loss no inches lost

I know plateaus stink, I'm not sure why your stuck, but I'll give you a few things to look at and think about. First, I think you should probably be eating 1600-1700 calories if you are exercising 6 days a week. 2nd what is your protein-fat-carb ratio? Maybe something needs to be tweaked there? How is your heart rate when your running? Do you take it? Are you getting it high enough? You may want to try to do HIIT cardio instead of a steady paced 36 mins. How is your weight training? Are you doing heavy enough weights? You shouldn't be able to do more than 15 reps with good form on any exercise? Again I'm not sure, but doing the same thing your doing is pointless, gotta change something up. Good luck, hopefully others can add their 2 cents.

Last edited by bluehen94; 07-18-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

How more much weight are you expecting to lose? At 5'6", 130 is a very healthy weight, so your body has probably found a comfortable zone. If you want to lose more, I'd scrutinize the content of your diet above all. You might also consider cardio for longer duration, less often. 45-60 minutes maybe 4 days a week. And/or HIIT for one or two of those sessions (instead of a longer session).

Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

If you're eating at your BMR and doing any activity at all, you are at a calorie deficit for the day and do NOT need to reduce calories.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

I'm glad to hear i don't need to reduce calories!!!..lol..i do like my food. I don't think i have an ED...i don't consider myself to be fat..just that yes i have some fat to lose...i'd love to replace that fat with lean muscles..i'd hoped to drop maybe a few pounds of fat and then change everything up again to replace that with muscles. I don't desire to be super thin..but yes i'd like to be thinner..and leaner.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Here's a few examples of my fat-carb-protein ratio's...

1345 calories
21% fat
43% carbs
36% protien

1591 calories
27% fat
48%carbs
25% protien

1570 calories
18% fat
63% carbs
19% protein

ok..these are just common examples..i'm afraid these ratio's are not always consistent..but i thought maybe some advice here and i can look at the rest of my logs and sort that out. I honestly don't know what these ratio's should be for weight loss or fat loss or muscle gain etc. But now you's got me thinking i'll have to do my research..lol..i spend more time researching what i should be doing then doing it..haha.

I'll adjust my cardio and see if that helps as well..i'll try the longer duration less often for a while. I do intervals once a week when i run to incorperate some speed work..i'll add an extra day of that too maybe..i'm working on distance at the moment but on average i still only do the one long run per week.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. KnowItAll
You did not plateau

You are already eating roughly around your BMR(basic metabolic rate), which is why you arnt losing any weight. You'll need to reduce calories, but if you think you need to lose more fat at 5'6 130 you might have an ED.
No, no, no!
If you are indeed eating around your basic metabolic rate (I don't know for sure what that would be for you until I actually do some math) then you definitely do NOT want to lower your calories intake. That would put your body into starvation mode when it respondes by lowering your metabolism furher, making it even harder to lose weight. Never, ever eat any less than you BMR. Best way to get you to lose more weight is three fold: eat at least your BMR worth of calories (and every few days even more), do more cardio or do it more intensely (HIIT is good) and do more weight training.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:05 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

Thanks everyone..i'll see what i can do to make some improvements. Bluehen94..i think i may need to get some help with the weight part of my program because i can definetly do more than 15 reps..i guess those little starter dumbells i got need to retier and make room for something a little heaver. As far as form while lifting..i haven't hurt myself yet..and i have gotten as much info from the net as i could. I wish i could join a gym but it's just not possible right now. Anyway thanks again. Can anyone tell me anything about the fat-carb-protein ratio's i'd listed below? how does that look?

Old 07-19-2005, 07:33 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Krissy: the ratios aren't too bad in general, but what kinds of food are you eating? The kinds of carbs and fat that you're eating will make a difference.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:44 AM   #9
(female)

Jitterygal HB User

Have you had your body fat tested? Also, what age are you? Sorry--nobody asked...

Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

I'm 31 and no i have never had my body fat tested...why do you ask? Thanks

Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #11
(female)

Jitterygal HB User

Women's body fat normally measures between 18-23%. That's the only reason I asked...Yours is probably under that percentage, considering how active you are and your body may be trying to "hang on" to what you have to prevent starvation mode...Just a thought...Jitterygal

Old 07-20-2005, 08:55 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

Oh i see..i couldn't even guess what my body fat % is. But i can still see a lot of fat..lol..i will have to get that checked out somewhere soon just to see! I do think my body is comfortable where it is and is going to challenge me here on in!

Old 07-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
Krissy: the ratios aren't too bad in general, but what kinds of food are you eating? The kinds of carbs and fat that you're eating will make a difference.

I eat oatmeal, cereals, egg whites, whole wheat bread, veggies all kinds, fruits..i have limited to the am..yogurt..fish, chicken, if i eat rice or pasta it's brown and whole wheat, cottage cheese.. that's about what i'm eating..

Old 07-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
(male)

Zebadee HB User

You said your 'logs' showed you eating 1500-1700 calories a day, where can I find mine out?

Closed Thread