It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User
Sore muscles?

I have been exercising and lifting weights and I have actually lost alot of weight. I have a 4 and 1/2 month old baby and I have lost over 73lbs since his birth. I just started really increasing my exercise and weight lifting routine because I had a csection and wanted to take it easy. Well my question is that I am rarely ever sore after working out. I know that you usually get sore within 24 to 48 hours but I never get sore. Does this mean I need to increase weights? When I am lifting weights I can barely make it through my third set of 12 so I thought I was doing it right. But I just feel like as much as I have been doing I should be sore "not that I'm complaining" I just don't want all this effort for nothing, and I have a goal to loose at least 10 to 15lbs by Sept. 25. and to be a little more toned. I need to tone alot but I will settle for alittle because I know it takes time. On Sept. 25 I will be going to an event that involves a few people that really hurt my feelings when I was pregnant about how big I was and that I wouldn't be able to loose the weight. I want to look great!! Of course I want to do it for myself but it would feel good to look better than these girls. Probably sounds childish but I know there has to be others out there in my situation. I am willing to do whatever it takes to loose this weight "as long as it is a healthy way". If anyone can give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated. By the way I also have been looking on the internet for clothing that would make me look the best for my shape something that hides my bad parts and focuses on the good. Do you think that is cheating? Wow I really strayed from my original question oops. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bell Jar HB User
Re: Sore muscles?

Well, you shouldn't really use DOMS as a measure of how hard you worked out or whether your training is working or not. My upper body doesn't get too sore after working out, but when I work my legs I am sore for days.

What kind of weight are you using now? Are you lifting heavy or light weights? Are you lifting to failure? Have you been mixing up your routine so that your muscles continue to be challenged or have you been doing the same thing all the time?

As far as the clothes question, no, I don't believe that's cheating. Even the most toned and thinnest body can look bad if wearing the wrong clothes. The whole point of fashion is wearing clothes that look best on your body type, so don't worry about whether it's cheating.

Closed Thread