It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Smile Any advice welcome :)

Hi, I have access now at a gym because its where I work now. Now at age 36, although I look great and look in shape I am just now starting out. I work out every day. I warm up on the treadmill and then do stretches, and then do leg press, and weights for upper body. Then I end with a cool down again on the treadmill for 10 minutes. My weight goes from 126-128, and I am 5'3. What I think kept my weight down was smoking cigarrettes. I quit 2 days ago and I am nervous about gaining weight. I weighed 147 last year and was not smoking or exercising then. Also, I am not sure if anyone knows much about antidepressants but I take 10 mg of Lexapro. Since I have been working out daily I am wondering if this is necessary because I feel I have an over abundance of energy due to working out. I also feel that the antidepressant I take is very stimulating. I eat a light lunch, and a good size dinner. I usually eat salads and love vegetables. I only use extra virgin olive oil, eat rice cakes, only eat red meat maybe every other week or less. I eat chicken, nuts, and fish. I do not drink pops, or sugar drinks. Occasionally I will have a snickers, or almond joy but thats rare. If anyone has any suggestions on my diet or even suggestions for a work out plan I would love to hear your advice. My main goal is to keep my weight at a healthy weight, and get rid of extra fat and gain some muscle. Ok....I am dragging on. Nuff said, if anyone has any words of wisdom for me I would love to listen. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. It sure feels great to work out and get back into shape again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #2
(female)

cat3883 HB User
Re: Any advice welcome :)

Hi,
Sounds like your diet is good. I know that Lexapro slows down your metabolism. So I have to work out a little harder because I am on it too.
My trainer has me do 30 minutes of cardio after strength training. Maybe you could try that. Congrats on kicking the cigarette habit. They KILL people every day.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: Any advice welcome :)

Thank you for replying. I have not noticed that the Lexapro has slowed anything down, if anything I feel like I have way too much energy on it. It could be the combination of exercise with it I think. I am going to see if it would be ok to half my dose for now. Thanks also for mentioning cardio.....I will definately try that 30 min. daily
Also quitting smoking has been hard but I know it was really a wise choice. Good luck with everything!
Thanks again,
WF

Closed Thread