It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
jump rope = to wat?

Kay, i dispise running outside in the public! i absolutely hate the fact when ppl see me going for a jog. dont ask why, its just a fear. neways, ive decided to jump rope today! well i jump roped for about 25-30 minutes? well i cranked up my tunes and i jumped to 6 songs which are no less than 3:30 minutes and more..so, at least a half hour of jumping with no stops. if i went running instead for say...o also a half hour, did i get more of a workout with the jump rope? i have always heard that jump rope burns more cals and gets more of a cardio excersise...is this true? ive also heard its better for ur muscles and u dont get near as stiff or watnot...is this also true? lol. so many questions! haha but the thing is, i wanna be good and fit for vball and dance this yr! i wanna improve SO badly. so instead of nitghly jogs, ill jump rope for 30 minutes about 4 days a week? does that sound good? cuz now that school starts on monday(boo) ill be at school, gym class, dance, and vball starts, so ill already be quite active. Oh! and i have DVD's for workouts...ive posted about those on here be4. they are AWESOME. they are 45 minute workouts of watever u want...yoga, pilates, cardio, bootcamp, abs, butt&thigh, and a tape with all. so yah...i try not to obsess...i have days where i laze around and i am pretty much recovered from my bulimia (again, i mentioned that a looonngg time ago) and yah. i eat about 2000 cals per day SO happy...yea its been a while since i was on this site..YES. so yah, can i just stick with jumprope cuz i really enjoy it, WAY more than running. Ah i hate it...i went last nite and i couldnt stand it..ppl were out for their nite walks and i was so embarrsed cuz we live in a small small town where everyone knows eachother. so everyone knows about my bulimia. so if they see me theyll be like "omg, now she obsessing excersise!!" NO im not! gudd...but its jus a phobia i gues..neways i got kinda off topic.

so nething about jump rope would be GREAT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: jump rope = to wat?

Jump rope is fantastic cardio. I don't know about not getting stiff, but it's pretty equivelant to running as far as calories go. If that's what you'd prefer to do then go for it. Glad you're doing so well.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

thanks!!! neone else enjoy skip rope as much as i do?? how long have u been jumping and wat kind of results did u end up with? does it help increase ur speed in running?

Last edited by SammyT; 08-23-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

bump.. ....

Old 08-23-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Jumping rope is awesome cardio, just ask any boxer. The only thing I hate is I can only do it during warm weather time.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:17 PM   #6
(male)

DMN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
thanks!!! neone else enjoy skip rope as much as i do?? how long have u been jumping and wat kind of results did u end up with? does it help increase ur speed in running?
Sammy........Glad to see you back on the boards. Saw you on TF today too.

Ok. Jump Rope is dynamite cardio. 30 minutes is a great workout. Thats why so many athletes use it in their training programs. Hey......do a search for Buddy Lee. He's trained a lot of athletes with "the rope" and has a couple of books out about it. There are message forums and groups dedicated to jump rope also. It's pretty cool.

--
John

Old 08-24-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

Aight, ill be shure to check that out!

Closed Thread