It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

camille23 HB User
need an answer PLEASE!!!!

Hi guys,
if there's any trainers or ANYONE OUT THERE, who can tell me why this is happening to my body.
ok, i work out 6 days a week with weights(so i work every body part twice a week) with 4/5 days of cardio which i like to do the StairMaster, and when i sit down in a chair or on the floor and cross my legs or have them straight out in front of me with my ankles crossed, i have CELLULITE along my outer thigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what am i doing wrong??????????? i eat very healthily(is that a word?) i mean, chicken breasts, tuna fish cans, salads,grilled fish, all natural granola, some fruit sometimes, not everyday, so ANYONE PLEASE TELL MY WHY I STILL HAVE CELLULITE AFTER ALL MY HARD WORK?????? IT ISN'T FAIR!!!!
thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: need an answer PLEASE!!!!

Unfortunately a lot of that is genetic and/or nothing we can do about. You can improve the appearance with weight training but there really isn't anything to make it go away. They even showed on one of those 20/20 type news shows where they had 5 women do difft things for their cellulite and use difft products and nothing really worked. Don't feel too bad even the thinnest of stars like Nicole Kidman had cellulite, they showed a clip. Best I think you can do is keep up with the weight training.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
(female)

camille23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen94
Unfortunately a lot of that is genetic and/or nothing we can do about. You can improve the appearance with weight training but there really isn't anything to make it go away. They even showed on one of those 20/20 type news shows where they had 5 women do difft things for their cellulite and use difft products and nothing really worked. Don't feel too bad even the thinnest of stars like Nicole Kidman had cellulite, they showed a clip. Best I think you can do is keep up with the weight training.
wow, that's wierd that it's genetic, because my mother doesn't have any, she is 52, my grandmother doesn't have any, hmmm, maybe i'm just lucky, since everything else in my life seems to be falling apart, why not just add some cellulite on top, what a cherry,,,, that just sucks @$$

Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Weight training legs can *help* because it puts some added firmness under the skin, but bluehen94 is totally correct. It's all genetic. MOST of us have some. Keep eating clean, drink lots of water, and weight training can help minimize the appearance, but it's not likely that it will ever be completely gone. =\ Sorry.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

camille23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
Weight training legs can *help* because it puts some added firmness under the skin, but bluehen94 is totally correct. It's all genetic. MOST of us have some. Keep eating clean, drink lots of water, and weight training can help minimize the appearance, but it's not likely that it will ever be completely gone. =\ Sorry.
yea, i train my legs HARD twice a week. i mean, i don't just do some sissy @$$ workouts, i work my butt off, so i already do that. thanks for the fun advice. doesn't help much though, does it. LOL*

Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
(female)

Steph@nie HB User

Keep your head up girl! Although it just may be something that you'll have to learn to deal with, there are worse things. I did actually have a client once who went to a massage therapist a few times a week to have her legs "beat up on" to losen up the fat. She swore it helped, I never saw her legs though, she always wore pants, and she was rather heavy, so that may have been part of it. My sister is 5'3" and 110 at most, and she has cellulite (she's only 18), she eats great and is in great shape, that's just life. An airbrush is all I can recommend (that's what all the cover girls use!!!)

Old 08-27-2005, 02:51 AM   #7
(female)

Daisyk HB User

I saw the 20/20 episode about cellulite as well. Apparently, 90% of women will get it, and while it probably won't make you feel any better, it's a big issue on Baywatch -- their makeup artists have the actresses use self-tanners on their legs to make it less visible. (That's what I'd recommend doing about it.)

cheers,
daisy

Closed Thread