It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
Bulking up while maintaining low bf %?

How does one achieve a big chest and big arms while still maintaining a low body fat count? I want to be able to have a big chest and arms while still maintaining my six pack... How do I do it? Do I just start lifting more or do I have to add something to my diet?

Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Bulking up while maintaining low bf %?

You can stay pretty lean while you bulk, but the biggest factor to bulking is a calorie surplus which means you should expect to gain *some* fat. A good method is to have around 300-500 calories above your maintenance calorie level about 4-5 days a week (particularly weight training days and/or heavy activity days) and a slight calorie deficit the other days. Keep protein intake the same every day so you'll keep feeding the muscles. You also need to lift heavy (obviously) so the muscles will adapt with growth. Works pretty well for me and my clients.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
(male)

ruglayer09052000 HB User
Re: Bulking up while maintaining low bf %?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenFaith
How does one achieve a big chest and big arms while still maintaining a low body fat count? I want to be able to have a big chest and arms while still maintaining my six pack... How do I do it? Do I just start lifting more or do I have to add something to my diet?
Try doing a search on the 'frat-boy' workout. You'll find everything you need there. Seriously, thought, for alot of years I did alot of 'show' muscles work, ie chest, arms, and seriously neglected my 'go' muscles, ie back and legs and am paying for it in terms of being behind. Right now I hammer my back 3 days a week, then my legs 3days the next week, and will be doing this till they get where I believe they shoud be (400lb squat, 500lb DL) Doing this make me bigger and stronger. Oh, and if you want to get bigger, you will have to forgo the 6 pack for a while. You need to be realistic. You don't have to become a fat *******, but you will put on some bf while bulking. Its impossible not to.

Closed Thread