It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 08:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
bit of a technical question for ya all!

here's the story: a guy came into the health food store i worked in today and asked if we kept any "vasculators" (not sure if that is the right spelling). he said that the theory is that they vasculate (i guess that is another word for dilate) your blood vessels, meaning more blood flow to the muscles and so they grow quicker as a result when weight training. i just couldn't think waht to suggest and couldn't find anything in our folder on sports nutrition. i remember vitamin E havcing the property of being a vasculator, but i may be wrong on that, i wasn't aware it would have that effect on muscle growth. or maybe hawthorn as it is a heart tonic. but to be honest, i'm sure. and that annoys me. i hate not being able to answer questions and no-one else in the shop knew either so the guy left and didn't buy anything. we are a health food shop and so maybe the guy wants something that is more "chemical". or maybe we do sell something natural that would the trick. i'd very much appreciate it if the board could suggest something so that next time i'll know what to say!

alex.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: bit of a technical question for ya all!

All of the new NO (NO2, NOX... etc) products and variations are vasodilators (which I'm assuming is what he meant). Ginko, ginseng, and Yohimbe are purported to do the trick as well, but probably not as significantly as the Nitric Oxide products.

Last edited by Naxis; 08-26-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
Re: bit of a technical question for ya all!

I used to take hawthrone ginko biloba for bp control, it did pretty well, trouble was the side affects were the same as beta blockers and ace inhibitors, it helped improve circulation but slowed my heart down and I couldn't exercise worth a hoot.

and I wasn't taking that much, not the amount suggested on the bottle I was taking maybe half and I still suffered these side affects I don't recommend hawthrone as a exercise tonic, it will slow you down, the ginko biloba might do better.

can't speak for the other herbs mentioned, I know with high bp I cant take genseng or some of the others. and as for helping build muscle, I doubt it, only exercise and strength training will do that, unless a person has high bp or some other vascular disease then these products are a waste of time money, and they still have side affects too. most do anyway.

RR

Closed Thread