It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User
Sprained Ankle... and running

It appears that I have sprained my ankle! I can not pin point the exact time I sprained it but I think I did it 5 days ago while running. I tripped slightly while running, but it didnt hurt so I wouldnt have assumed I sprained it... but none the less, its sprained! My question is, I have ran on it twice but right now it is puffy and hurts a little more... How long should I wait and let it rest...I dont really want to but I dont want to really hurt myself... anything else I can do in the meantime for exercise? THanks.......

Old 08-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Sprained Ankle... and running

Ice it for 20 minutes at a time for a few days and give it at least a week, maybe two or three to heal up. Try some other cardio that isn't so high impact, like the eliptical or biking. It's better to err on the side of caution in this case because aggravating the injury is just going to make your recovery time longer. It's all about TLC right now. When you get back top running, start out slow and easy to make sure it's healed up before going back to you normal routine.
Injuries like that are a drag. I really do feel for you. =\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
(male)

supercelebs HB User

i also sprained my ankle a month ago.. and it still hasnt healed.. if you dont know when you sprain it.. than obviously its only a little sprain and will heal fast.. but i sprain mine pretty serious.. i couldnt even walk on it for about a 2 weeks without feeling any pain.. and still a month later it hasnt healed and its still prretty swollen.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercelebs
i also sprained my ankle a month ago.. and it still hasnt healed.. if you dont know when you sprain it.. than obviously its only a little sprain and will heal fast.. but i sprain mine pretty serious.. i couldnt even walk on it for about a 2 weeks without feeling any pain.. and still a month later it hasnt healed and its still prretty swollen.
Thats EXATCLY my condition too. it happened to me 5 weeks ago.
i didnt have complete bed rest in the first few weeks (didnt listen to my mom) and now its worse.
i am doing R.I.C.E . and taking Ibrufen 800mg a day (in total)

if you find something that helped you please let me know.
You too Meacoolgirly.
i hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:22 AM   #5

undertow2004 HB User

last week i lacerated my leg with a big piece of glass. it was around the sheen area but to the side. anyway it was deep enough to slight tear muscle. i can not run now

Old 09-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
(male)

lobosprinter03 HB User

I sprained mine about 6 monthes ago, really serious, it's still a little swollen and probably will be for another 6 monthes(at least that's what the trainers said), but anyways if you want to stay in shape riding the bike is good, and so is aqua jogging. It's low impact and is excellent cardio. Another thing to keep in mind is to keep it wrapped this way the swelling will go down and you will have some added support.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #7
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User

So its been a about two weeks now and I havent tried to run on for at least a week... did go to the gym once to do the bike, but getting to the gym is harder for me to do than just go running at home... i hate this! Swelling def. looks like it has gone down (I dont think my sprain was THAT serious) ...so I am going to wrap it and try to run tomorrow... we'll see how it goes. I wont push myself if I feel pain, but i really want to get back out there, i feel like my body is turning into a blob!

Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User

So its been a about two weeks now and I havent tried to run on for at least a week... did go to the gym once to do the bike, but getting to the gym is harder for me to do than just go running at home... i hate this! Swelling def. looks like it has gone down (I dont think my sprain was THAT serious) ...so I am going to wrap it and try to run tomorrow... we'll see how it goes. I wont push myself if I feel pain, but i really want to get back out there, i feel like my body is turning into a blob!

Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User

Old 09-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #10
(male)

ksaguy HB User

Thats a good news.
mine is getting better too. mine was much serious. its been more than a month and now its recovering a little.
i hope you are on R.I.C.E.

Closed Thread