It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User
Issues with stomache exercises

Right now I work out generally 6 times a week. Atleast that's what I shoot for.

I do resistance/stomache/muscle type stuff on Monday, Wed, and Friday for 45-60 min.

I do aerobic/cardio (running/walking fast paced) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for about 45-60 min.

I've gotten everything in shape except my stomache. For some reason what I do doesn't seem to work. I do 40 leg raises, 80 crunches, 40 crunches to the left, and 40 to the right 3 times a week.

Maybe I'm not doing it right. Anyone have any good exercises I can do at home for the stomache? Or suggestions on the proper way to do what I already do....

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: Issues with stomache exercises

How is your diet? Losing fat in that stomach area is mostly about your diet, you may have a tendancy to store fat there and you may have to really eat clean to thin it out, even then its no guarantee that is a difficult area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #3
(female)

lazedays HB User

yes, check your diet, but also, only 1 out of 10 women have the genetic make up to have 6 pack style muscles. so the rest of us have to be happy with what we got. one little trick, always suck in your gut. ya knw, like when your tryin to zip a pair of tight jeans? your strengthening you core muscles, and by having them strengthened, you'll start to see flatter abs. OH!!! stand and sit up straight! Be obsessed about good posture, people will be envious of you because you will look tall, and fit, and confident.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen94
How is your diet? Losing fat in that stomach area is mostly about your diet, you may have a tendancy to store fat there and you may have to really eat clean to thin it out, even then its no guarantee that is a difficult area.
While I was drinking alot of water and eating less fat, I was eating alot of bread and processed foods. No vitamins, no veggies except a salad....

Recently I changed it. Now I drink alot of this True Blueberry tea stuff, I eat a 1/4 cup of blueberries every day. I eat a bowl of cereal in the morning with 2 percent milk, usually a whole grain cereal. For lunch it's usually a sandwich I made at home, or a hot pocket with baked lays and a salad with light dressing. I also forgot to mention I drink a couple glasses of 100 percent oj in the morning as well.

For dinner it's usually either one baked chicken drum stick (8 grams of fat) or a baked salmon (for the omega 3s), a TON of broccoli (2-3 servings), and some brown rice.

I will eat before bed occassionally, but not on the days I don't work out and it's usually right after I just finished working out. Usually a half bowl of cereal.

I drink 3-4 cups of blueberry tea (high antioxidants) a day, and I do my best to get 8 cups of water.

I was told my recommended fat intake was 79 grams on lighter activity days and 85-86 on days I exercise. I'm a 21 year old male. I run a photo lab so I stand and walk alot at work, and I try to be somewhat active outside.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oh I also forgot to mention on that bowl of cereal in the morning I throw on two tablespoons of flaxseeds for omega 3s.

Closed Thread