It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

shay34 HB User
Now That I Have Lost The Weight.....I Need Advice On Maintaining Please...

I have lost about 85 pounds and now need advice on how to maintain my current weight of 155 pounds. I lost the weight by eating low carbs and low fat. My diet consisted of meat, green veggies, and fruit. I want to start adding back other healthy foods but dont want to end up putting weight back on. Can someone help me figure out a good balanced diet that will maintain my current weight. I do cardio 30 min 5 days a week and weight train 30 min 2 days a week. I was doing an hour of cardio at least 5 days a week but now that I've lost the weight I cut it down to 30 min. My goal at this point is to maintain and tone up. Thanks

Old 09-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
(female)

JulieDe HB User
Re: Now That I Have Lost The Weight.....I Need Advice On Maintaining Please...

Shay, first of all- congrats!! Great job!! I am still losing but know how the process is. I am on Weight Watchers and their maintenance process is to add back points (for you foods) and fine tune the points until you aren't losing any more. I would just slowly add foods back and watch the scale and keep an eye on how your clothes fit. Again, congratulations!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Now That I Have Lost The Weight.....I Need Advice On Maintaining Please...

Grats on success so far! Just slowly add foods back into your diet (maybe 100-200 calories a day at a time), but NO JUNK. Keeping it clean will help you keep the weight off. Add some healthy fats like nuts, nut butters, avocado, olives and olive oil - in small amounts of course. Your body can use higher good fat quantities in the absence of carbohydrates. In general, stay with the way you have been eating. It sounds very healthy. If you can keep the dietary change indefinitely, you can keep that body indefinitely. I don't know if you counted calories at all before, but it might be a good time to check where you're at. As a rule of thumb, maintenance calories are about 12-13x bodyweight per day. Keeping a food journal for just a few days will help you to get a grasp on where you're at and what (if anything) you need to change.
Be aware that if you add some carbs back into your diet, you may see some initial weight gain. This does NOT mean it's fat. Carbohydrates in the body hold more water, so what you see at first is just water weight in the muscles and organs and such. Do not panic.

Closed Thread