It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

Pandora_0729 HB User
Slim Legs

I've recently lost a lot of muscle and gained back fat and even though I weigh the same, I look a lot bigger. This is especially in my legs. I used to have such slim, long, lean legs and now they look so fat, especially in my upper thighs. I know that what I need to do is to lose the fat and gain back the muscle. I do weights and I run on the treadmill but I feel like it's getting me nowhere. I only wear track pants now because I feel ugly when I wear tighter pants. Also, is an excersize bike good for burning fat and slimming the legs? Can someone please help me, I just want my old legs back.

Last edited by Pandora_0729; 09-09-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

cat3883 HB User
Re: Slim Legs

lunges and squats are great for your legs. Although I hate doing them I am getting results. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Since your exercise program looks like it's in order, your diet is the key to getting slimmer. As you gain more muscle from your workouts (as mentioned, squats and lunges are great for that) it will help you get the tone back as well as increasing your metabolism, but it's mostly diet and time that will strip off the fat.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

Pandora_0729 HB User

Thank you, I had another question. If the bike will tone my legs, will it also get rid of some fat off of them?

Old 09-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
(female)

Pandora_0729 HB User

thanks a lot, the thing is I don't really like to use the treadmill. I'm a natural runner, so running/sprinting/incline isn't challenging enough for me. Also, I find that with the treadmill I lose fat off my stomach as opposed to my legs. I used to have thin, lean legs but I stopped working out and ruined my diet, so now its all replaced with fat. I feel like it's next to impossible to lose the fat off my legs but I remember that when I first started working out, I used to use an excersize bike and I think thats how my legs first started to get lean. Anyways, I plan on going on the bike in the morning for 45 min. and doing weights every other day for 30 min. I'm going to increase intensity by adding heavier weights every month. I hope this will help me.

Closed Thread