It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
weird ups and downs of exercise

i was wondering if anyone here ever has like one day where you do really good in exercise like you go for a long walk, or walk/jog routine that goes really well and you feel really strong and good and then you go again say just going for a walk the next day or the day after and feel like you are ready to collaspe?

I mean one day I have lots of energy and am really strong and exercise is not the much of a struggle, especially after I am warmed up and then maybe a day later I will do a lower intensity exercise or a shorter workout and I can barely get one foot in front of the other before I want to sit down to catch my breath and such. I have been exercising regularly for a long time so I am not a beginner.

I don't exercise everyday, it comes to about 4 days a week on average.

I was exercising more than that but it got to much I got to tired, and wasn't recovering (I do tend to do high intensity sometimes while I am out walking I will throw in jogging segments too) but not to exhaustion.

I am on blood pressure meds, beta blocker and ace inhibitors, what is weird sometimes I do have strength and energy and can exercise is almost a breeze and other days not, so I can't imagine that one day the bp meds are affecting me negativly then the next not.

does anyone else have this problem and what can be causing this and what can I do about it?

thanks

RR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: weird ups and downs of exercise

Especially when taking meds, that is very common. Depending on when you take them, the effect they're having, in addition to a slew of general, daily variations like time of day, blood sugar, and so on. Maybe try to discover what conditions are most conducive for your highest energy levels and try to schedule exercise around the times that seem to be best. If there is no noticeable pattern in your particular case, which sometimes happens, then working through it is about all you can do. I know stimulants are out of the question, but there is a drink powder called Emer'gen-C that one of my hypertensive clients swears by for some extra energy once in a while (and I started using it too ). Just B vitamins, C and minerals. Might help ya out. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread