It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #1

veryworriedguy2 HB User
Having difficulties getting back in shape.

Greetings,
I've posted in this section of the forums once before about how I was planning on getting back into shape after a two year absence from virtually any physical activity and because of how bad I’ve come to feel about myself for this and other reasons I am finally getting around to it.

During high school I was in decent shape and got regular exercise but for the past two years since high school I have had some difficult situations in life (if you are really interested you are welcome to read my post in the depression forum to find out more but otherwise the specifics are irrelevant) and have become horribly out of shape.

Finally last week I have become determined enough to begin. I thought to start lightly with jogging and am disgusted at how short a time I am able to keep this up and at the severity of the cramps I get. I can only jog for about five minutes at a time and then I must walk for about the same amount of time, I am starting at a half hour a day.

My questions are as follows:
Is this a decent start or should I be attempting to start with more than just jogging?
Is my situation normal or could there be a medical problem involved?
If it is normal how long can I expect before I am able to keep up the jogging for the full half hour a day?
Are there any ways to speed up the process? I’m not a very healthy eater and recently I’ve only been eating one meal a day because that’s all I am able to keep down, will this effect my abilities in this area?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate any help offered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
(male)

arete HB User
Re: Having difficulties getting back in shape.

a meal a day is not enough to keep a person running. The hunger will eventually cause your body to react in a bad way. The body can break down and eat itself. Find a sport that you'll like to play or used to play and begin it right away. Eat a healthy meal containing protein. Start slowly don't rush things, it'll only get worse. Running for 5 minutes is not bad, hell back in h.s the running test was 12 minutes and everyone is exhausted around 5 minutes. Gradually increase the time. Move more eat less, but eat healthy consuming at least 1800 calories

http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/caloriesneed.htm

i hope this helps

Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

I think it's a guy. Just a guess.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
(male)

taihawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
I think it's a guy. Just a guess.
Maybe it was mefit's subliminal attempt at motivation!!!

Closed Thread