It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
(male)

arete HB User
helping a friend with this...

hi, i'm new to training someone besides me and want to successfully help my friend, please don't go harshly on me...i have a friend who needs to start somewhere and she's new, all she's lookin for is a light workout that would produce results for her lower body and its fun and easy bceause her schedule is really packed.

monday- lunges with 5lb weights 15 reps, 3 sets
40 g of isopure protein whey divded into 2 servings

tuesday- rest

wednesday- squats same amounts as lunges
same amount of protein

thursday- lay on the floor and do bicycles for a minute at least 3 times
same amount of protein

friday- rest

saturday - varies styles of in place jogging mixed with jumping jacks.
same amount of protein

i also recommended her to drink protein drinks for late night cravings, is that right? also telling her to have a diet containing apples, yogurts, turkey, whole grain bread, almonds, veggies...
thank you!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

AllysHeart HB User
Re: helping a friend with this...

Hello, Arete. This seems like a can-do exercise plan you have given your friend! I believe she will definitely feel a difference in her lower body after a week of the exercises.

I might suggest that you try to get her to incorporate some ab exercises, maybe just 15 or 20 standard crunches. I also think that while she is lying on the floor doing bicycles, she can roll onto her side and do some side leg lifts to tone her thighs. Also, if she has access to a "step" or stairs, she could get a great gluteus maximus workout! I mentioned the step exercise, because I'm a big fan of bench step and the stair climber machine.

She'll be feeling the results as her legs feel stronger and begin to develop some attractive definition.

I don't know anything about protein drinks. I've never had one. Can you tell a little about why they are good in conjunction with working out and the anticipated results or effects of drinking them? Do they contain sugar, and do they cause weight gain?

Good luck to you and your friend! Please update us on how she is doing and if she is happy with her results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
(male)

arete HB User

thanks ally for the encouragement
the protein drinks serves as the food for the muscles. After a workout, muscles are starving for protein and will soak up protein like a sponge. It speeds up the process of turning fat into muscles. Adults should take approximately 40 grams a day in as much servings as possible.

here's a article about protein:
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/protein.html#requ

don't know if this explains it well, but hope you have some idea. I'm bad at explaining stuffs

Old 09-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

Hello, Arete! The link you provided is such great information! I believe this explains proteins better than anything I've read or been told. I eat lots of protein everyday. I will read the web page again to get a better understanding. I'll check out the protein drinks. Btw, I'm not trying to gain weight, and do not care to gain weight, so I am wondering if the protein drinks on a regular basis would cause weight gain.

I understand we are posting the benefits or protein drinks on the exercise boards, so if you care to answer this, let's go over to the "Diet & Nutrition" board so your thread about your friend's new exercise program won't get off topic.

I hope your friend is excited about her new routine and that she is feeling good about it.

Last edited by AllysHeart; 09-15-2005 at 07:54 AM.

Closed Thread