It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

blackroze HB User
Exercise routine for medically disadvantaged

Okay, I'm a little new at this, but here is goes...

I'm trying to make an exercise routine that I can do, but I'm running into problems because of the various problems I have. First off, I'm a fairly small - average sized girl, so I'm not looking to lose a whole bunch of weight, but just a way to gain a bit more muscle and stay in shape with the little resources I have.

Due to an extreme dizziness problem, there is little I can do. If I get over heated , or move up and down too fast, etc and so forth, I run the risk of passing out. I also have a lower back problem so I need to work out my abs in a way that won't hurt my back and won't make me dizzy (ei. No sit ups).

I'm an avid Dance Dance Revolution player so my calves are awesome, but just about everything else is weak and squishy. The one thing I hate about myself the most are my thighs. It'd also be nice if I could work out my arms some too, but I don't have access to weights of any sort, so would need a different way of getting that done.

So, in short, I need a way to work out my abs, thighs, and arms without making me dizzy or hurting my back. If anyone has any suggestions I would love it. Thank you guys so much! ^_^

Old 09-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Exercise routine for medically disadvantaged

You might try getting some resistance bands to work the upper body. Very inexpensive and fairly versatile. Doing bodyweight squats and lunges are good for the thighs. Leg lifts and small crunches will work your abs but only you can really gauge to what extent that is going to help. If you're doing crunches right, it is a very small movement that shouldn't cause too much stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread