It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

cavychick HB User
No Results

Hello, my name is Amy and I recently signed up to this forum.
Every since August the 1 I have been working really hard to improve my body image. I'm approx. 5'7 and weigh 181 lbs. The first too weeks I didn't loose any weight, then week three I lost 4, and then week four I lost another 4 bringing me to 178 lbs. I weigh myself every Monday. Week five I was up 3 pounds and this week I was up another 1. I now weigh 181 lbs. I am just wondering why I have been gaining weight instead of loosing it. I have completely changed my eating habits. I drink lots of water, absolutely no soda, and some fruit juice. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and have been working out at the gym. Last week I also started an aqua aerobics class. I was also wondering how effective this really is? Any advice and comments are appreciated

Old 09-20-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
(female)

cat3883 HB User
Re: No Results

I have been working out since January and I haven't lost any weight but I am down a pant size and feel so much better. I have lost fat and gained muscle. Maybe that is what is happening to you. Dont you hate it when that scale doesnt move. I used to weigh myself all the time. Now I don't even bother. My trainer weighs 150 pounds but looks like 120. She says don't worry about the scale and worry about your workouts. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
(female)

Steph@nie HB User

Hi Amy. I started just a week after you did! I am 5'6" and started at 190, today I was 175.5, the last week and a half I have lost 5 pounds. It was really slow at first though and there was a week I lost absolutely nothing at all. Sometimes it just takes your body a while to give up the pounds. It could be nothing your doing at all or it could be that you're retaining water due to too much sodium in the foods you're eating. It could be that you are intaking more calories than you think, you could be not eating enough, you could be exercising too much. It could be a lot of things or nothing at all, the only cure is to stick with it. As far as the water aerobics, as long as it gets your heart rate up it doesn't matter what kind of workout it is, especially if you enjoy it. Sorry, that probably didn't help at all, stick with it though!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
Inactive

crayola110 HB User

Yeah not drinking soda will help a lot. Also cut your meal sizes smaller.

Anyways it does'nt matter what the scale says. What matters is how you look in the mirror. If you start looking toner etc. This will take time, but if you keep working at it you will reap the benefits.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
(female)

cavychick HB User

Thanks for all of your comments, I guess it's just really discouraging to see no results in numbers. But I have to stick with it. I need to feel better about my body. And "Steph@nie" congratulations on your success, hopefully I will find some of my own

Amy

Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

The best advice I can give you is to throw away your scale. Go by how you look and feel and you won't go wrong.

Closed Thread