It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
(male)

prague HB User
fed up

Alright, well I am a sophomore in college and well I am skinny. I am 6'2, and weigh about 167 pounds. If I gain weight it will only look like I have gained weight in my stomach, cheeks and thats about it. My arms are thin, there is no fat on them, I hate how skinny my wrists are. I have tried the protein, I even eat 3 protein bars a day! 28 grams of protein! No weight gain, perhaps a little noticable in my stomach but none in the arms or anywhere else. I want to take something that will help me out. I was reading something about myostatin and how it might be the determining affect on what you can gain and I found a drink that blocks it but I am not sure about it. Any idea on anything I could take? I am basically up for anything at about this point, and don't say just eat alot of protein and lift because I know for a fact that it doesn't work. I get some gain, barely anything noticable in my wrists/forearms (cause there is no fat to begin with!) I can notice my biceps get bigger and for some reason I can build triceps really easily but then after a certain point they just stop growing (even when I change routine). I also can't seem to get my chest to build up. Any ideas?

Last edited by prague; 09-21-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
(male)

tzlaxplr22 HB User
Re: fed up

Ok..im 15 yrs old 155 lbs. 5"11....4 weeks, i was 5"11 147...I was goin to the gym, taking protein 2-3 times a day...but never saw much of an improvment much like yourself...i know this isnt what youy wanna hear man, but....try eating 5-6 small meals a day...ill give you an example of what my day looks like..Breakfast- 5-6 egg whites w/2 peices of whole grain bread....snack- protein bar, or shake if you can manage it. lunch- 2 peabut butter and jelly sandwiches with a peice of fruit...snack...another protein bar.....dinner-MEAT MEAT MEAT...preferable steak or burgersss....with some veggies and a potatoe you'll be fine...after that, for desert i usually make a sandwhich or something maybe another shake depending on how i feel....ok, now, if a 15 yr old kid can do this YOU CAN DO IT!...i put on 8 LBS!!!!! of pure muscle in 4 weeks!! now...as far as supplements go..i take NO-Explode....that stuff is crazzzzzzzyyyy you will be lifting more, and your vains will stick out like garden hoses..not to mention the muscle mass increase...thats what i would recommend..a high quality creatine is the best way to go in your situation..i hope i was a help to you, let me know how it works out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Do you lift? What does your workout routine look like? Do you eat any good fats in addition to 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day? Enough overall calories? Small meals throughout the day? Complex carbs?

Old 09-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
(male)

prague HB User

I haven't really watched what I eat. I eat a few times a day on top of that I eat the 3 protein bars and take multivitamins so I believe I am getting all I need. the problem is that I just don't put on the weight. It's like my metabolism is just way to fast for me and what is even worse is that if I do put on weight (very little weight) i can only notice it on my stomach. My arms are skinny and I never get fat added there. I was hoping to gain some weight in fat and then turn it into muscle but my arms just wont gain anything.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Why don't you try weight lifting? It sounds like the main component missing from your regimen.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

If you're gaining fat but not muscle then your workout could probably use some work and your diet could use an overhaul. Fat gain (belly) means you're definitely getting enough calories (fat will NOT become muscle, so that is not a good plan). Cleaning up the content of your diet and being more dilligent about meal timing will help a lot. And you still haven't mentioned what you do to work out.

Closed Thread