It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Reace HB User
Am I going to die....

I seem to get these serious headaches when I excersie and they get worse when I stop...I often feel like I am going to die or at least pass out. They make me nausiated and sick. Does anyone have any inkling of a clue what the heck is going on with me? ANY ANY ANY advice is helpful...especially a way to stop or lessen them.

Sincere thanks!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User
Re: Am I going to die....

Do they only come when you exercise? Do they come when you are running? or does it just come when you lift weights.? or both. The only thing I would suggest is if it keeps on doing it to call your doctor and talk to him about getting a CT of you head. If you have medical insurance it shouldnt cost that much. But I dont know if a CT is needed. Like I said just call the doctor and make an appointment and mabey he can tell you whats going on. let us know

Last edited by quoting; 09-22-2005 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

tropicalfreeze2 HB User

Sounds like a exercise induced migraine. I used to get them as well, sometimes when you are working stenuously you can trigger one, you get all nauseous too. Try doing light exercises first and then work you way up to moderate and a bit heavier, you body will gradually get used to working out. This worked for me. Also if you work out on a tredmill, it can make you feel weird too. Good luck, oh, and you not going to die from it.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Make sure you are hydrated, have some amount of blood sugar and aren't on any excessive stimulants. But if it is a case of exercise induced migraines, the various Nitric Oxide supplements may help. I have a client that gets exercise migraines and nothing seems to help except the Nitrous Oxide vasodilators. I think NO2 is what he specifically uses and he says that it works wonders, but they are a bit pricey. Ginko, ginseng and yohimbe may help also.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:36 AM   #5
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

Hello, Reace. I understand how you feel with these headaches. For at least 10 years, whenever I would exercise strenuously and keep my heart rate way up for 45 minutes or so, there would be an onset of a headache that would last about 3 days. I didn't know anyone else suffered with these, too.

Now that I'm going to be 50, I don't often engage in the strenuous type of exercise that keeps my heart rate up so long, which is why I've not participated in some aerobics classes.

I can walk or run, ride a stationary bike or exercise on the cross trainers at the gym without getting one of these excruciating headaches. Maybe you need to make an adjustment to your style of workout to avoid triggering headaches.

Best wishes.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:32 PM   #6

Sixbells99 HB User

What you describe could be nothing or it could be life threating. It's impossible for any of us to know on these boards. I suggest you don't exercise any more untill you've seen your doctor and got yourself checked out. You only have one body so look after it, always been on the safe side with these kinds of things. 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be nothing, however considering what you have to lose it's worth what ever it costs to have peace of mind and get yourself a full physical and scan, including an ECG for the heart.

My advice would be don't exercise untill you've seeked medical advice.

Old 09-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Reace HB User

Thaks guys for all of the advice. I am definately going to try to supplements. I failed to mention that I suffer from migraines anyway. Maybe I am overdoing like some of you said. I am trying to lose weight and am pushing myself rather hard and fast. I will slow it down and work up gradully. Thanks a million again ans I will keep ya'll posted.

Closed Thread