It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

firewtr38 HB User
tendinitis

Hey everyone
I've developed tendinitis in my knee and now I'm out of commission with running. It's driving me crazy!!!! It's been 3 days and they are the longest days of my life! I really love running and I hate that I can't do it right now. I've been doing the icing, anti-inflammatories and not running thing. I'm just going nuts because I hate not being active.
I also weight train but that's not even close to the same thrill. I did that this morning instead of running but god it was really boring in comparison. I am not sure if I'm supposed to stretch it or anything until the pain goes away. So I haven't done any yoga or anything that involves using the leg. So now I'm feeling just going crazy. Ugh!
How does one compensate for that runner's high when you can't run? Does anyone have any tips on how to help the healing process along a little faster? I don't want to end up messing it up so that I can't run at all, but I really just hate this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread