It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User
chest pains

hi,

why do i always have left chest pains when i do bodypump classes? today i felt sharp jabbing pains after the chest track. was so scared after that.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User
Re: chest pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy
hi,

why do i always have left chest pains when i do bodypump classes? today i felt sharp jabbing pains after the chest track. was so scared after that.
You always have them? I'm not sure.

I sometimes get a little bit of discomfort when I run, but it's not really pains.

I would say it's probably muscles cramping up or maybe strain from over doing it.

If the pain starts running down your left arm/shoulder/neck or spreads to your center chest that's when you should be concerned. It wouldn't hurt to ask a doctor about it anyway.

I remember a couple years back when I used to let myself get insanely stressed out at work I would get severe pains in that area...sometimes so severe I'd think about calling 911. But I found out later that high stress can make chest muscles contract and cramp up real bad.

If your pains subside rather quickly I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

but is it frequent tt people pull their chest muscles?

Old 09-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #4
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy
but is it frequent tt people pull their chest muscles?
Sure I've done it several times. What sort of exercises are you doing? Weight lifts? Push ups? Pull ups?

It's fairly common for these muscles to tense up during times of intense stress. Though it is the good kind to a point, exercise is a form of stress on the body. It makes your body create many more free radicals than it does when you're not stressed....just the same as if you were at work or school and extremely stressed out over your work. That's why you need alot of nutrition, water and anti-oxidants to make up for that.

It's a form of stress on the body, so I wouldn't be surprised if your muscles were tensing up.

It also could be you're not stretching out/warming up properly.

If you don't feel dizzy or sick to your stomache....and the pain doesn't spread anywhere else it's probably not serious. It couldn't hurt to get it checked out though, just for peace of mind.

Last edited by SaintAngerBH; 09-25-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Closed Thread