It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

terry2006 HB User
Too much sweating

I've been working out (both cardio & weights) a lot harder and more consistently. I'm in better shape than I was last year...I've lost weight, more toned and the intensity that I work out at is higher. But I've noticed that when I do cardio I sweat more and a lot more easily than I did before. I've also noticed that I've been sweating a lot more generally. I'll be standing around and people will tell me that I'm sweating like crazy...while they look normal and it's not really that hot.

Is there a correlation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #2

knotme HB User
Re: Too much sweating

isn't that a good thing? sweating regulates body tempt and also get's rid of toxins. as long as u watch ur h2O's intake, should b ok, no?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

cat3883 HB User

I started strength training and doing cardio in Jan. I hardly ever sweat then but now after my workout my clothes are soaked. I actually feel like I just stepped out of the shower. My trainer says the more you sweat the more conditioned you are.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

snuggle377 HB User

That's awesome if the more you sweat the more conditioned you are! When I'm on the treadmill, I have sweat dripping from my body...kinda gross, I know. I've always thought of sweating as a good thing!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
(female)

terry2006 HB User

Thanks Guys

Well, at least I know that sweating is a good thing. When I'm on the treadmill or any kind of cardio, I'm just completely soak (I feel kind of embarrased when I'm at the gym).

But what about just overall sweating...it's like now that I'm "more conditioned", I just sweat more easily overall...anything I can do about that?

Old 10-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
(male)

dand5 HB User

Let yourself be soaked, a cold wet shirt is excellent at keeping cool during exercise. Also, people that are more conditioned tend to start sweating earlier (at lower body temperature) and loose less electrolytes.

Yet, Sometimes people that worry about sweating too much constantly wipe themselves off with a towel which inhibits the beneficial effects of sweat and tends to cause more dripping and less beading. Don't wipe yourself with a towel, use the towel to wipe the equipment.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

You shouldn't be embarassed by sweat, especially at the gym, you should embrace it. It's a sign of the hard work you're putting in! Also, remember that some people naturally sweat more/easier than others.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
(male)

tomh HB User

A couple of thoughts..........

Everyone has a different "sweat rate". Weigh yourself before and after exercise to approximate your sweat rate. For example, I sweat about 5-7 ounces per mile when jogging. Figure it in time relationship (ounces per hour) if you wish. The issue is to replenish the fluids every 20 minutes at about the rate that you lose them.

I'm told that as I lose weight (insulation ) that I may sweat less. Looking forward to finding out.

Wear synthetic clothes. They wick away the moisture and are much more comfortable than soaking wet cotton.

Closed Thread