It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

nascar HB User
How do I get flat abs?

I'm 8 pounds away from goal and I have lost 42 pounds already but my stomach is still fat! I know I still have layer of fat on it, but how do I get it to come off faster? I do cardio but my downfall is strength training and training my abs!!! I just don't like lifting weights and I love cardio!! I don't know if it's extra skin of just fat or both! Does it matter if I didn't have a c-section or not? This is my BIG problem area and it's where I carry all my weight and I have a feeling when I do reach my goal weight (130) I will stil have a fat on my abs and I will have to loose more weight!! The rest of me I like!! It's all in my middle!! Please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: How do I get flat abs?

You're too focused on the number on the scale. It's good to have a goal, but don't make that an unchangeable thing. One thing you didn't mention was your diet. In addition to your cardio, it is the MOST important factor for lasting fat loss. And it absolutely has to be addressed if you plan to keep the weight off once you reach your goal. Also be aware that ab exercises do not flatten the belly. Only fat burning will do that. Ab exercises will strengthen and tone the abs and will create muscle memory so that you have good posture and a little tension in your abs all the time so they are tighter and not just 'hanging out'. Strength training in general is important because muscle increases metabolism (and fat burning) but it doesn't have to be with weights necessarily. You can use body weight exercises, resistance bands, plyometrics and such. Maybe execise videos? Just remember that your body can only physically burn about 2 pounds of fat a week. If you're losing more weight than that, it may be muscle lost which is a bad thing, so be careful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

nascar HB User
Re: How do I get flat abs?

I'm on weight watchers flex plan and trying to eat better like more veggie's, fruits and trying to stay away from the junk food! I don't drink soda's (diet or regular) and I try to stay away from beer! I also try to eat small meals every 3 hours instead of large meals. I don't know what else to do! It does look better! I have tried pilates class for 2 months and I never felt antyhing in my abs and I talked to the teacher and she felt that maybe I was doing it wrong but I kept on trying and I never once felt it in my abs (core) just in my legs!! I do the cardio and I am loosing weight but the strength training is what I have to work on and it's so boring doing the weight machines at the gym!! Thanks for the advice I wish that it would come off faster!!

Closed Thread