It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

feb17cancun HB User
The Diet

Hey Everyone. Like a lot of women I have that invincable pouch on my stomach that does NOT go away. Everyone says I need to diet and excersize. I excersize regularly with at least 30 minutes cardio and I lift on almost all the other machines. I was wondering how much and what foods should I eat? I'm going to college full time so I eat in a cafeteria with a lot of choices. Could you give me an idea of what to eat? My goal is to lose 10 - 15 lbs. Right now I am at 140 and i am 5'8. Thanx.

Last edited by feb17cancun; 10-04-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: The Diet

Try to eat as natural as you can. Lean meats, salads, veggies, fruits, nuts and such. Avoid white, starchy foods, saturated fats, and sugars like bread, white rice, sweets, cheese, most beef, and fried *anything*. And make an effort to get enough protein. That will help a lot. At least one lean protein food with each meal, be it eggs, jerkey, soy, chicken, etc. And no soda. Make sure you drink as much water as you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

feb17cancun HB User

What are lean meats? is that like Turkey and chicken?

Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Chicken and turkey _breast_ specifically. The other parts are higher in fat content. Ham tends to be pretty fatty, most beef cuts have a lot of fat, but some are alright. Deli meats are okay, but there is so much "other stuff" and the protein is a pretty poor quality that you should only it that if you're in a bind or if it's all that available (or just once in a while as a snack or treat). Jerkey is great but very high sodium. Fish is fantastic because even the fatty fish (salmon, mackerel) is good fats, so it's still healthy. Canned tuna is great because it has 37g protein, 1g fat, and is maybe 50 cents a can. Fast, cheap, easy.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
(female)

feb17cancun HB User
The Diet

Sweet thanks alot, one more question... is 30 min cardio a day ok, or will i nee to step it up a little. i usually do 15-18 min on eliptical or stairstepper and 15-18 min on a bike....

Old 10-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

If you do that every day, that's fine. Eventually you'll want to increase time or intensity because your body will become adjusted to the workout (become more fit) so you'll need to work harder to get to the same heart rate.

Closed Thread