It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

kath2 HB User
Help needed!!

Hi,

Iím doing a project for school (product design) and I wanted to know if thereís anything about fitness or nutrition that really bugs you. For example, I hate the way free weights make my hands smell, and the way I canít always tell if Iím stretching the right way, and the way my water bottle doesnít fit in the treadmillís cup holder.
Hearing your beefs with diet and nutrition would be great too! I personally find it frustrating when I canít tell what the food labels mean, and I find it embarrassing to have to measure everything out for portion control in front of my friends.

Anything would be of great help...nowís your chance to vent.

Thank you,

Kath

Old 10-09-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
(female)

Sandra49 HB User
Re: Help needed!!

I get frustrated when an item give the nutrional value for a serving size. This is especially frustrating when I need to know what is more than one serving or God forbid the whole container!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
(female)

cat3883 HB User

i get frustrated when I am at the gym and someone tries to strike up a conversation when I am trying to work out.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
(female)

twestwood HB User

Mirrors rounds the gym......i don't want to see myself sweating and red faced......i know i look aweful when i excersise and it really puts me off going.....

Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

I have concerns about the cleanliness of the surfaces on the equipment. I've seen and read how staph is prevalent in gyms and can be contracted thru cuts in the skin. Staph can kill a person if gone untreated. The rest room in my gym never looks like it's been cleaned properly. I try to avoid thinking too much about health concerns while at the gym, as I really enjoy my workouts and the people.

Also, at my gym, the men place 45-lb. weights, sometimes doubled and tripled, on the machines, and they do not remove them. If I want to use those machines, I have to muscle the large weights around to use my 10 or 25-lb. weights. I had spoken to a manger at the gym, and he told me to come to one of the trainers if I needed the weights removed, but I don't feel like being a tattle-tale or a weakling!

I've been placed in uncomfortable situations a few times. A few different times, I thought a machine was vacant, so I went to use it. On these occasions, each time, a different big burley guy would come up and say, "I was using that." Of course, I apologize and find something else to do. They had walked off so far from the machine, I could not tell they were still using it!

Sometimes an unpleasant stinky smell will waft around, and it makes it difficult to concentrate on my sets.

My biggest pet peeve is when a person on a treadmill does not pick up his or her feet and I have to listen to the scuff of shoes on the belt for 30 minutes!

Closed Thread