It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

camille23 HB User
when to eat protein to gain muscle size

guys,
i am 22, female, 5'3'', 140 lbs, and am trying to gain muscle. after a hard weight workout, should i do my cardio or is that when i need to eat my protein, then do my cardio, or don't do cardio at all?? please let me know, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
(male)

redbeamer HB User
Re: when to eat protein to gain muscle size

Really, you should do your cardio and strenght training on seperate days all together, but I realize that is not always possible. If you must do your cardio on the same day as your strenght training, make sure you do it afterwards so as to give your muscles as much oxygen as possible. As far as the protein goes, I would wait until after my workout is completed (cardio and strenght training). If you take in the protein just prior to cardio, it will make you feel sluggish and your body could end up using it as fuel rather than using your reserve which is what you want.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
(male)

RAZ HB User

Also glutimine is an important amino acid as it is a large part of what the muscle is composed of. I was told to be sure the protien you choose has a suffieient percentage of glutimine, as many don't, so i also use a glutimine power with my protien. I also take in protien before bed to counter catobolic action (your body using it's muscle as fuel). I am no expert but these are things I have picked up from smarter folks.

Does this sound right?

Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Sounds good to me Raz and Redbeamer .One pointer is when i use to body build i worked out at 4:30 a.m i would take a scoop of whey protein powder about 30 min before and it really helped on muscle growth. Good luck ! harry!

Closed Thread