It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

perkinssl HB User
Calf pain after workout

I have been working out with a trainer for about a month and the other day we worked my calf muscle just below my knee. Since Friday my calf has been hurting extremely bad. I cannot put my heel down without feeling pain. It is much easier to walk on my toes. Does anyone know what this could be? Or a way to make it feel better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
Re: Calf pain after workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkinssl
I have been working out with a trainer for about a month and the other day we worked my calf muscle just below my knee. Since Friday my calf has been hurting extremely bad. I cannot put my heel down without feeling pain. It is much easier to walk on my toes. Does anyone know what this could be? Or a way to make it feel better?
Is it both calves or one and is the pain in the front or back? If in front then is could very well be shin splints. Mine used to hurt to look at after several days of running. In any event try 3 ibuprofen to see if the pain goes away. If it does then it could be an inflammed muscle..Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
(female)

perkinssl HB User

OH sorry I forgot to specify..The pain is in the back in both legs, I was hoping that it would have gone away by now but it hasn't. I have been using an anti-inflammatory but so far nothing has worked Thanks for your suggestion

Last edited by perkinssl; 10-23-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

it could very well be lactic acid from over training your muscle. Is it so bad that it stops you from doing everyday things like walking? If that is the case then try stopping the calf routine and see if goes away, wait until it heals and then go back again..Lisa

Old 10-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
(female)

perkinssl HB User

The pain doesn't stop me from walking but it hurts really bad when I walk. I can't put pressure down on my heal without it hurting.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

your best bet would be to see a doctor about it..Lisa

Old 10-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
(male)

rohr4u HB User

I have had the experience of calf muscles hurting for a week from a strenuous workout. Try some stretching of the calf muscles. Don't let this discourage you. You need to work them out and they will always give you some pain. At least mine do, but it pays off in having great looking calves.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #8
(female)

perkinssl HB User

Thanks everyone for the advice, I ended up stretching them and working them out and they are getting back to normal. It just really sucked for a few days! I actually ended up running and this helped a whole lot even though it hurt like CRAP at first!

Closed Thread