It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User
Hey Runners!

I need some winter clothing advice, and I figured all you running buffs might have some good suggestions/advice/brands/etc. I suppose I fit in that category too of running buff, too!

Anyway, i've asked for technical running clothes for my birthday, but i need to provide more specifics on what i want (my mom wouldn't know where to begin). I ran outdoors through last winter using random stuff (not the right stuff) and i REALLY don't want to do that again.

So, here's the stats: I live downtown Chicago (read: cold and WINDY), I run 4 mornings a week, I'm a 24 year old female and I'm thin and get cold easily (but i HATE being too hot 1/2way through a run). I'd like to try to tough out the winter outdoors if possible (unless there's too much snow), so what do I need?

I was thinking the following, but PLEASE help me as i really don't know what i need:

-A technical top
-Some sort of midweight/fleece/windbreaking thing? (i don't understand exactly what the second layer is supposed to be, but i need something for before it gets SUPER cold outside)
-running tights (but what weight?)
-windpants (do i need these?)
-gloves (my hands get REALLY cold REALLY easily (Reynaud's disease), so does anyone know a good brand of glove/mitten to wear?)
-hat (what kind? doesn't it get ultra sweaty?)

So, as you can see, i'm a little lost with all the running clothes lingo, etc. Please help, it'll be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #2
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Re: Hey Runners!

Underarmour everything :P.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Hey Runners!

I live in AL so the climate here is much warmer and not windy. My main suggestion to you would be one of those headbands that cover your ears too. I hate for my ears, hands or throat to get cold. I just wear regular gloves ...Aris brand...and I tie a bandana around my neck...that way, if I get too hot I can take off the gloves and bandana pretty easily. I wear a headphone radio so it keeps my ears pretty warm until really cold weather comes along and then I add the headband thing underneath the earphones. Good luck and keep runniing!

Closed Thread