It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

september4 HB User
need help losing weight and toning!!!

i am 22 and i weigh about 120... a few years ago, I used to be 100.... i'm not trying to get back to 100 b/c i know i was too skinny.... my goal is to lose about 10 pounds... at least 5 by Thanksgiving..
I have stopped eating meat and drinking soda for now... I know meat is good for you, but I have heard that while not eating meat, you dont have as big of an appetite.... so, i have membership at Bally's fitness but my schedule is so wierd, i dont have time to go!!! the only time I could go is in the mornings but i'm not a morning person, and I can't get myself to wake up early... I would really like to start to enjoy running, last week, i tried to run one mile, I ran about close to half, before I got tired... i've heard that running is the best way, but I hate running!!... I also would like to know the best foods to eat... if someone could please help... PLEASE!!!
any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Old 10-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: need help losing weight and toning!!!

I assume your female....what is your height?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
(female)

september4 HB User

yes i am female and i am 5'1... most of my weight is in my stomach and arms... today i went to this party, and the first thing my cousin said was "damn ... look at your stomach" (i thought maybe she was going to compliment me) but she was like "it got so big"!!!! it was very depressing!!

Old 11-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

MzK HB User

Geez, that was insensitive of your cousin to say. But at least now you have a motivation to get back into shape.

Pilates is great for toning your stomach. You won't get a six-pack unless you restrict your calorie intake for a few months, but you'll see your stomach get a lot flatter after a few weeks. I've been doing the Winsor Pilates Ab Sculpting workout every day for the past three months and my stomach got completely flat! It was really flabby before. It's only 20 minutes a day so I think it's really worth it. When you start seeing the results of the workout then you'll probably get motivated about restricting your calorie intake as well.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Well, first off if you want to knock a few pounds off there are no if ands or buts about it, you have to exercise, make the time. Any cardio will do you don't have to run, as long as whatever cardio you do is getting your heart rate up, for no less than 30 mins. That means you may need to go 40 mins since it takes time to get it up there. As far as diet goes, I think you know the drill if you've read other posts. Lean meats (turkey, chicken), fish, egg whites, veggies, good fats (nuts, etc), minimal fruit, low GI carbs.

Also you can't spot reduce from your stomach, you will lose fat all over and genetics decide where it will come off first. Personally, for me my stomach is the last to go when losing bodyfat and sometimes my legs end up getting too skinny in order to get my stomach where I want it, but that's the way it goes.

Closed Thread