It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

theillone HB User
Can you all please check out my weight lifting routine to see if it's good???

Okay First off, I just made 18 years old like 4 weeks ago. I am 6'0" 158 Ilbs. I am very slim, but just started lifting weights about a week ago. Okay heres my routine I would appreciate if you all could give me advice and feedback whether it's good or bad as long as it helps in the long run, because my main goal is to bulk up, and gain muscle mass within at least 10 weeks: I am currently lifting 20kgs.

Bench Pressups 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbell Flys 3 Sets 20x
Barbell Curls w/ Big Weight (20kg) 3 Sets of 10 reps
Barbell Curls 1 arm at a time Small Weight (7kg) 3 Sets of 10 reps
I don't know what they are but I use the small weight, lift my arm over my shoulder, and work the triceps 2 sets of 25 for each arm
100 Stomach Crunches ( I do these everyday, either morning or night)
I put the weights on my shoulders and do squats 3 sets 15x
I do another technique where I standup vertically, grab the weight and lift the weight outward from my body bring it back down and repeat 2 sets of 10x
I usually work out like this every other day, since your muscles need time to heal. I also eats lots of protein foods, with healthy carbs!!!! But I'd like to know is this a good routine or shall I change something, I need to know if I'm doing this right, please give me feedback and advice, I am trying to gain muscle mass and bulk up within at least 10 weeks, I need to know how to go about it please give me feedback I would really appreciate it!!!!! and how long should I wait for my muscles to repair after lifting, including my chest and ab muscles???? Thank U aLL!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User
Re: Can you all please check out my weight lifting routine to see if it's good???

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillone
Okay First off, I just made 18 years old like 4 weeks ago. I am 6'0" 158 Ilbs. I am very slim, but just started lifting weights about a week ago. Okay heres my routine I would appreciate if you all could give me advice and feedback whether it's good or bad as long as it helps in the long run, because my main goal is to bulk up, and gain muscle mass within at least 10 weeks: I am currently lifting 20kgs.

Bench Pressups 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbell Flys 3 Sets 20x
Barbell Curls w/ Big Weight (20kg) 3 Sets of 10 reps
Barbell Curls 1 arm at a time Small Weight (7kg) 3 Sets of 10 reps
I don't know what they are but I use the small weight, lift my arm over my shoulder, and work the triceps 2 sets of 25 for each arm
100 Stomach Crunches ( I do these everyday, either morning or night)
I put the weights on my shoulders and do squats 3 sets 15x
I do another technique where I standup vertically, grab the weight and lift the weight outward from my body bring it back down and repeat 2 sets of 10x
I usually work out like this every other day, since your muscles need time to heal. I also eats lots of protein foods, with healthy carbs!!!! But I'd like to know is this a good routine or shall I change something, I need to know if I'm doing this right, please give me feedback and advice, I am trying to gain muscle mass and bulk up within at least 10 weeks, I need to know how to go about it please give me feedback I would really appreciate it!!!!! and how long should I wait for my muscles to repair after lifting, including my chest and ab muscles???? Thank U aLL!!!!
I'm not an expert but I would add something for back (lats) like pullups or lat pull and rows, and in your leg workout you need to also do some calve raises.

I think 24 hrs. is the standard rest period between the same bodyparts. Abs I believe can be done everyday.

10 weeks is reasonable goal but don't push it too hard, I mean, what's the hurry? Use good sense, proper form and a little patience and you will get there!

Old 11-26-2005, 01:26 AM   #3
(male)

SlinkyRobinson HB User
Re: Can you all please check out my weight lifting routine to see if it's good???

Ok, here goes. I was in the same situation as you (6'2" at 150lbs) for a while, since then i've managed to put on 20lbs of muscle through weight lifting and diet.

Now, if you're looking to gain some good muscle mass you need to have a good routine and a good diet, REST and be prepared to stick with it. It may take longer than 10 weeks, but it's well worth it.

Below is a workout that I used to gain some good muscle mass.

For all the lifting exercises I did 4 heavy sets for 4-8 reps each. (By heavy weight I mean a weight which I could do no more than 10 reps with.)

Monday (legs, abs)
Heavy Squats
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Leg extension
Seated Calve Raises
Crunches (4 sets of 20): Superset with Plank for 30sec

Wednesday (chest, shoulder, triceps)
Flat bench press
Incline dumbbell flyes
Shoulder press, side raises superset
Tricep pushdowns
Bodyweight Dips

Friday (back, biceps, abs)
Wide grip pull-ups
Bent-over Barbell Row
Bicep curl (Preacher)
Incline dumbbell curls
Crunches (4 sets of 20): Superset with Plank for 30sec

If you need help with how to do any of these exercises, gym people are helpful or there are plenty of useful websites out there which have diagrams etc. Also, do the squats in a squat rack if you can, and have someone spot you for the bench press (or do dumbbell bench pressing instead!). Be Safe!

Importantly, for skinny guys like us to gain mass, we need to rest each body part for about a week before working again. Sounds crazy, but it works!

As for the diet. You probably want to be eating about 3000 calories a day and 160 grams of protein. A good way to get this is through protein shakes (immediately after working out) and then the other usual fish/chicken etc routes. Don't eat too much in any one sitting and try to eat about 6 times a day with about 3hrs between each meal. Also take a multivitamin every day!

Good luck with it and let me know if you have any questions.

Closed Thread